Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By benny3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Disable Fast Dormancy?

Fast Dormancy, in simple terms, is an Android trick to reduce battery use during phone and data exchanges via the phone's radio(s). There are some carriers, notably Rogers in Canada and Bahamas Telephone, who do not support fast dormancy. Trying to use fast dormancy with a carrier who doesn't support it results in the phone freezing up over a span of a few hours. It has the feel of a memory leak freezing a device. Some phones (Samsung and DROID RAZR MAXX are the two I know about) can be tweaked to not use fast dormancy. Rooting is required; Sammy uses simple type-ins, the MAXX build.prop file has to be edited (three lines of parameters added).

What's the situation with the One M8?

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Disable Fast Dormancy?

Quote Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
    Fast Dormancy, in simple terms, is an Android trick to reduce battery use during phone and data exchanges via the phone's radio(s). There are some carriers, notably Rogers in Canada and Bahamas Telephone, who do not support fast dormancy. Trying to use fast dormancy with a carrier who doesn't support it results in the phone freezing up over a span of a few hours. It has the feel of a memory leak freezing a device. Some phones (Samsung and DROID RAZR MAXX are the two I know about) can be tweaked to not use fast dormancy. Rooting is required; Sammy uses simple type-ins, the MAXX build.prop file has to be edited (three lines of parameters added).

What's the situation with the One M8?
    I looked around for a little bit and haven't seen anything yet for the M8.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Disable Fast Dormancy?

If your carrier supports it you can add the lines to the build prop.
    wizzrah likes this.