Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry HTC one m8 "this application is not available in your country"

Cheers all,

I have a non-carrier HTC one m8, I already had it rooted. The issue is that I am now in Iraq and many applications can not be installed as I am getting the "this application is not available in your country" message in Playstore...any idea what to do and how I can solve this issue?

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC one m8 "this application is not available in your country"

Quote Originally Posted by naderaloul View Post
    Cheers all,

I have a non-carrier HTC one m8, I already had it rooted. The issue is that I am now in Iraq and many applications can not be installed as I am getting the "this application is not available in your country" message in Playstore...any idea what to do and how I can solve this issue?
    Welcome to the forums.
    The only way I can think of around this is to go onto the Play store website. Even then, since you are going through servers in Iraq, you might still have trouble with this.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by naderaloul View Post
    Cheers all,

Get someone you know to post the apps you want and sideload them.
    Post here what apps you want and i'll see what i can do, I can always put together a flashable for you to.

Maybe use something like tunnelbear on your computer to trick the play store into thinking you're in another country?

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

It's an issue with the google playstore. I moved from US to Europe and had this error. You need to sign into google wallet through an actual computer and change your default country to the one you're in and delete any other addresses listed. They've also forced you to change your default payment method to the country you're in. Then you need to purchase an app to prove you're in the country. Then you need to clear data/cache from the google play app about 1000x before it will finally properly detect the country you're in.

Google play store is implemented in a really stupid/annoying way.

In your case I think piracy would be justified...