Does HTC Sync not work with a rooted phone and custom kernel?
I had HTC sync disabled previously but it used to work fine for me before I disabled it. I have re-enabled it recently because I wanted to see if I could organise files and do transfers in a better way. I am unable to get it to work for the life of me now. Every time I connect my phone HTC Sync detects it at first then says "Device not connected". Windows explorer detects the phone fine and allows me to transfer files just fine as well.
I've tried everything I can think. I have deleted HTC sync twice. I have rebooted the phone and computer. I have made sure autorun is enabled in windows settings. I have disabled and enabled USB bugging. I have turned off developer options etc.
So why isn't this working? Is it because my phone is rooted?
- 06-12-2014, 03:15 PM #2“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson
In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!
- 06-12-2014, 05:20 PM #4
Re: Does HTC Sync not work with a rooted phone and custom kernel?
I tried by installing it downloading directly from HTC as well as having the phone install it automatically. Really no idea why it isn't detecting properly. It detects the phone at first then says device not connected. I have no issues just using explorer to transfer files directly to the phone.
- By typicalgamer2 in forum LG G3Replies: 38Last Post: 06-29-2014, 01:01 AM
- By astros55 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 4Last Post: 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM
- By luckydwg in forum Google Play edition HTC One (M8)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2014, 03:30 PM
- By Yvonne Meade-Barry in forum HTC One SVReplies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:49 PM