Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does HTC Sync not work with a rooted phone and custom kernel?

I had HTC sync disabled previously but it used to work fine for me before I disabled it. I have re-enabled it recently because I wanted to see if I could organise files and do transfers in a better way. I am unable to get it to work for the life of me now. Every time I connect my phone HTC Sync detects it at first then says "Device not connected". Windows explorer detects the phone fine and allows me to transfer files just fine as well.

I've tried everything I can think. I have deleted HTC sync twice. I have rebooted the phone and computer. I have made sure autorun is enabled in windows settings. I have disabled and enabled USB bugging. I have turned off developer options etc.

So why isn't this working? Is it because my phone is rooted?

Global Posts
    3,935 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Does HTC Sync not work with a rooted phone and custom kernel?

Quote Originally Posted by Robgo View Post
    I had HTC sync disabled previously but it used to work fine for me before I disabled it. I have re-enabled it recently because I wanted to see if I could organise files and do transfers in a better way. I am unable to get it to work for the life of me now. Every time I connect my phone HTC Sync detects it at first then says "Device not connected". Windows explorer detects the phone fine and allows me to transfer files just fine as well.

I've tried everything I can think. I have deleted HTC sync twice. I have rebooted the phone and computer. I have made sure autorun is enabled in windows settings. I have disabled and enabled USB bugging. I have turned off developer options etc.

So why isn't this working? Is it because my phone is rooted?
    Hello. What ROM are you running?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Stock rom with elementalx kernel.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

If you deleted it twice how you installing it

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    If you deleted it twice how you installing it

I tried by installing it downloading directly from HTC as well as having the phone install it automatically. Really no idea why it isn't detecting properly. It detects the phone at first then says device not connected. I have no issues just using explorer to transfer files directly to the phone.