I've noticed while flashing various AOSP ROMs that some support motion launch gestures to wake the device, similar to Sense 6, but that the majority do not. I was hoping to find out which ROMs have this feature. I use Liquidsmooth ROM, which used to have this feature, but seems to have been discontinued from the looks of the last few nightly releases.

I do realize that Liquidsmooth, and probably others, allow enabling wake gestures by going to settings>performance>kernel tweaks and selecting "sweep 2 wake", but it lacks the orientation sensor functionality, the multidirectional swipe gestures, and the landscape volume button launching the camera.

I am considering dropping Liquidsmooth if there are similar alternatives out there that have motion launch capabilities.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
    06-21-2014 11:53 PM
    The motion launch function is kernel based, not ROM based.

So I would look through XDA for a kernel

My M8 posted this
    06-22-2014 06:20 PM
    I appreciate the info. It looks like the only custom kernel available for my phone on XDA only has that lame "sweep 2 wake" feature that I mentioned before, but doesn't have the normal moron launch.

Since my last post I played around and found that paranoid android, slimkat rom, and pacman rom all have motion launch enabled - presumably by way of their respective stock kernels..

Has anyone else found other ROMs that have this feature?
    06-27-2014 05:05 PM