Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    [Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1 - xda-developers

    I'm using that method to root my phone. Every time I try to install SuperSU's binaries it keeps saying installation failed. How do I fix it?

    EDIT: Do I even need SuperSU?
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Yeah, you need some kind of Super User app. SuperSU is a good one. I am curious if you downloaded the most up to date one?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Yeah, you need some kind of Super User app. SuperSU is a good one. I am curious if you downloaded the most up to date one?
    Yeah I downloaded from the Play Store.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Yeah I downloaded from the Play Store.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    My mistake....I was thinking of the superuser zip file.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    My mistake....I was thinking of the superuser zip file.
    Yeah I tried rerooting the phone. Reinstalled SuperSU. Same issue. So I reboot my phone. And then SuperSU says I need to reroot because it doesn't have a binary for 4.3. Which is weird because I'm on 4.4.2.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Yeah I tried rerooting the phone. Reinstalled SuperSU. Same issue. So I reboot my phone. And then SuperSU says I need to reroot because it doesn't have a binary for 4.3. Which is weird because I'm on 4.4.2.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    Did you see the Update part in red?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Did you see the Update part in red?
    What part?

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    What part?

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    In the thread at Xda. I just noticed it while looking over the thread.

    P.S. Sorry if my other reply seemed on the rude side. I did not mean for it to be.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    In the thread at Xda. I just noticed it while looking over the thread.

    P.S. Sorry if my other reply seemed on the rude side. I did not mean for it to be.
    You mean the one for uninstalling? I tried that. I just pressed restart though. I can't get adb reboot to work. It keeps saying device not detected.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    You mean the one for uninstalling? I tried that. I just pressed restart though. I can't get adb reboot to work. It keeps saying device not detected.

    Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)
    Is the device pin locked? You have USB debugging checked in developer options?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Is the device pin locked? You have USB debugging checked in developer options?
    Yeah I do, but what's pin locked? For now I think I'll on;y root when HTC stops giving updates.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  12. #12  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Pin locked meaning do you enter a pin number to unlock your device.

    Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  13. #13  
    Manphibian's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    ROM
    Liberty 1.0

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    +1 I'm having the exact same issues. Rooted with weak sauce. Downloaded supersu from play store. Getting same error.
  14. #14  
    Manphibian's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    ROM
    Liberty 1.0

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    And not to hijack the thread, but I just downloaded and ran Sunshine S-Off. It rebooted my phone. Now weak sauce says I'm rooted and Will not let me run the program again. But Supersu and Sunshine and Root Checker now says that I am not rooted.
  15. #15  
    Manphibian's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    ROM
    Liberty 1.0

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Sorry. A reboot fixed my root, s-off issue. The Super User app persists.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Pin locked meaning do you enter a pin number to unlock your device.

    Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App
    No its pattern unlocked.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    I'm trying to root my m8 for the first time and am experiencing the exact same thing..... It says there is no SU Binary installed and Supersu cannot install it. Any ideas why?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    No, i used weaksauce to root my verizon m8 and it is working fine without superuser or supersu. I can use root just fine.
  19. #19  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,471 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    I'm having trouble installing the super su app too. Weaksauce worked but that's where I'm stuck.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    Quote Originally Posted by allroy75 View Post
    I'm trying to root my m8 for the first time and am experiencing the exact same thing..... It says there is no SU Binary installed and Supersu cannot install it. Any ideas why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Meade1 View Post
    No, i used weaksauce to root my verizon m8 and it is working fine without superuser or supersu. I can use root just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manphibian View Post
    +1 I'm having the exact same issues. Rooted with weak sauce. Downloaded supersu from play store. Getting same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    I'm having trouble installing the super su app too. Weaksauce worked but that's where I'm stuck.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Glad I'm not the only one.

    Super SU binaries not installing. - xda-developers

    Yeah someone outlined some possible solutions on the CDA thread though, I haven't tried them yet because I don't think I'll get a custom ROM on it.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

    re-root your phone.

    If you do it with an one click app, download the lastest. And try again.

Similar Threads

  1. How Sync 3.0 will work/ GAME CHANGER.
    By SAMmarked1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 01:19 PM
  2. How do I change "find my phone" ringtone?
    By Ioan Ababei in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:21 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy s3 Verizon I-535 Camera Failed
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:16 AM
  4. How do I get music to play out of the speaker?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:59 PM
  5. How to reactivate Adsense account or alternatives
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions