S-Off on HTC One M8

Aric Leather

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I have gone through all the steps of rooting my device. Using HTCDev, I have unlocked my bootloader. I then downloaded the latest version of SuperSU into my downloads folder. Then, I went into fastboot and used the recovery command to install the openrecivery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m8.img rom. I then entered recovery, installed SuperSU, and booted back to the OS. Everything worked perfectly fine. I tried out a couple games, and they all play butter smooth.

Now, I need to switch to S-off from S-on. Currently, in fastboot, I am at S-on.

I found an instruction thing here: How to Get S-Off on Your HTC One M8 to Install Custom Firmware & Mods ? HTC One
I used instructions on the same site to root my HTC One M8.

It says:

This process works best with a Sense-based ROM with an insecure kernel, and you can flash InsertCoin in order to have both of those bases covered.

This section (Steps 1 through 6) will show you how to to get InsertCoin ready on your HTC One, but if you're already running a kernel with an insecure kernel, you can skip this section and proceed directly to the Preparing Your Device & Downloading Firewater section below.

Being a newbie, I don't really understand. Am I going to have to delete all data off my phone again to do this InsertCoin thing? Or can I proceed to use Firewater?

Help a newbie out, please.
Thanks,

-aric

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I have gone through all the steps of rooting my device. Using HTCDev, I have unlocked my bootloader. I then downloaded the latest version of SuperSU into my downloads folder. Then, I went into fastboot and used the recovery command to install the openrecivery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m8.img rom. I then entered recovery, installed SuperSU, and booted back to the OS. Everything worked perfectly fine. I tried out a couple games, and they all play butter smooth.

Now, I need to switch to S-off from S-on. Currently, in fastboot, I am at S-on.

I found an instruction thing here: How to Get S-Off on Your HTC One M8 to Install Custom Firmware & Mods � HTC One
I used instructions on the same site to root my HTC One M8.

It says:

Being a newbie, I don't really understand. Am I going to have to delete all data off my phone again to do this InsertCoin thing? Or can I proceed to use Firewater?

Help a newbie out, please.
Thanks,

-aric

You can use firewater just the way your phone is now
BTW what carrier?