Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Hey dudes, I recently purchased a 128GB Micro SD card for my phone, and it has completely bricked the absolute s**t out of it.

    Here's what happened in the phones last dying moments: phones processors were going crazy, the 3 buttons on the nav bar were playing up major, apps would not load, the power off options weren't doing anything... the touchscreen itself has stopped responding, if I connect the phone to a computer I do get the "device connected" sound, however no device will actually show up on my drives.
    I've tried to press volume down+ power button at the same time to get into the boot screen and even that has failed...
    Wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Hey dudes, I recently purchased a 128GB Micro SD card for my phone, and it has completely bricked the absolute s**t out of it.

    Here's what happened in the phones last dying moments: phones processors were going crazy, the 3 buttons on the nav bar were playing up major, apps would not load, the power off options weren't doing anything... the touchscreen itself has stopped responding, if I connect the phone to a computer I do get the "device connected" sound, however no device will actually show up on my drives.
    I've tried to press volume down+ power button at the same time to get into the boot screen and even that has failed...
    Wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas?
    You have to hold vol down an power for like 20 seconds. Don't know how long you did it. Just throwing that out there. You can't boot to bootloader via PC with adb reboots-bootloader?

    sent from my Red HTC M8 using Tapatalk because all Xda apps f/c 😠
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Yeah I did everything you've just mentioned but to no avail. Now I'm waiting for the battery to run out....
    If you or anyone else has any other tricks up their sleeves, do lemme know, any advice is much appreciated.
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,022 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Yeah I did everything you've just mentioned but to no avail. Now I'm waiting for the battery to run out....
    If you or anyone else has any other tricks up their sleeves, do lemme know, any advice is much appreciated.
    Why are you letting the battery die? Hold vol up and power as soon as the screen goes black release the hold vol down and power
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Yeah Benny, u may want to consider reading my first post. Anyway the flat battery tricked has worked, go me!

    Lesson we all can learn: faulty micro SD cards can completely disable your expensive phones.

    Hooray pop the champazz, I'm reunited baby!

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,022 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by slimdustysguitar View Post
    Yeah Benny, u may want to consider reading my first post. Anyway the flat battery tricked has worked, go me!

    Lesson we all can learn: faulty micro SD cards can completely disable your expensive phones.

    Hooray pop the champazz, I'm reunited baby!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Your first post?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Yes, my first post.
  8. #8  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,022 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Yes, my first post.
    WTF are you using 2 different user names or what. And i did read your first post but if you read mine you would not had to wait for the battery to die.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Battery had to die Benny, battery had to die.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Battery had to die Benny, battery had to die.
    Only if you don't know how to do a battery pull

    My M8 posted this
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Yeah I did try the battery pull (pwr+ vol up 10sec) and that was to no avail, it's all good though fellas, phone is working, thanks for your tips and tricks.
  12. #12  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,022 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Battery had to die Benny, battery had to die.
    Cool glad you got it going.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

    I've actually had this issue as well. I had to let it sit over night until the battery died. Then I charged it up, and it turned on just fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Good dual SIM phone around 125-250£?
    By xHJDx in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 02:37 PM
  2. Turning off phone calls but able to use GPS?
    By suzukibking08 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 01:02 AM
  3. Could I have contracted a virus/malware on my S4?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
  4. Turning on Bluetooth audio for phone calls
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM
  5. locked my phone cant put games on it
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Posting Permissions