Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best ROM for the m8

Just seeing if any 'romaholics' out there have flashed multiple ROMs on their m8 and have any feedback on what they consider to be their best?

Personally I'm on the viperonem8 and yeah - awesome 1st ROM, but, like an experimental teenager, I don't want this to be my one and only, has anyone flashed multiple decent/stable ROMs?
    Google tells me the big ones are:
    Viper
    Android HD
    Cyanogen
    Insert coin

And some other ones that I cbf remembering.

Honestly I cbf flashing a new ROM and going through all the restores, system set up blah blah unless it's a pretty decent one.

Thanks peeps!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Best ROM for the m8

I'm a big fan of Scott's CleanROM
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Maximus for me, nice and close to stock.

I have used ARHD, skydragon and Viper, this is my favourite

My M8 posted this

Maximus, cool I'll look it up.
    Where'd you learn about those ROMs? I've googled away and they haven't popped up...
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

What carrier are you on?

I'll put money on him being in Australia therefore international version.

All the ROMs are listed on XDA

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Yep, I'm an Aussie/international version, good guess.
    Have either of you two guys "whitelunchbag & benny" used the statusbarvolume xposed module/ app?
    I can't seem to get it to work, don't know if it's coz I flashed a custom ROM (Viper) or not.
    I'm also finding that game hacker, game CIH and game killer aren't working in most game apps, you guys getting the same issues?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Yep, I'm an Aussie/international version, good guess.
    Have either of you two guys "whitelunchbag & benny" used the statusbarvolume xposed module/ app?
    I can't seem to get it to work, don't know if it's coz I flashed a custom ROM (Viper) or not.
    I'm also finding that game hacker, game CIH and game killer aren't working in most game apps, you guys getting the same issues?
    Viper rom is highly modified and theres not much that works with that rom unless it is made for it

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

My list of 4 best ROMs:
    Sky Dragon (SD) 10.0
    Renovate 4.01
    WanamLite 1.3
    Android Revolution HD 10.1
    Last edited by ortega1; 07-30-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

I'm currently on CleanRom. I was using ViperRom previously.

Android Revolution Didn't work on My Verizon M8, Paranoid Android is Stable as hell

Back on ARHD because I got impatient with MaximusHD releasing a 2.22 base ROM.

Also running elementalX 1.00 kernel

My M8 posted this

Hey tell me, what does using a different kernel allow/ disallow you to do now?

What do you think of clean ROM compared to viper rom? im using viperone m8 currently also.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    Hey tell me, what does using a different kernel allow/ disallow you to do now?
    Change motion launch gestures, undervolting and overclocking as well as a few other things

Best to look at XDA to see the full list of changes compared to the stock kernel

My M8 posted this

Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is it possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Altstart5; 08-24-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: add question

Quote Originally Posted by Altstart5 View Post
    Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.
    Cheers
    You don't need to install cyanogenmod, you can root your phone and keep your current Sense ROM.

My M8 posted this
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Altstart5 View Post
    Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is it possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.
    Cheers
    Look here Mike made it easy. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.....[GUIDE] [28.07.2014] How to add root access … | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

I have tried so many different custom ROMs ever since I had a M7 and now the M8 and I can tell you that most, if not all, of them are pretty good and the developers worked really hard and it shows. And let's not forget that running a custom kernel also helps, especially ElementalX which I consider to be the best out there in terms of customization, battery life, and overall performance of the device. On the M8 so far I ran InsertCoin (with Sense 6 Toolbox) and ViperOne, and I must say that ViperOne is the best one for me.

Android Revolution HD, InsertCoin, and ViperOne are the three best sense-based ROMs out there, in my humble opinion, and CynanogenMod is the best AOSP-based ROM. I've always been like you, a guy who likes to constantly try new ROMs with new features, but I find myself almost always going back to ViperOne because it's just so complete (happened all the time on the M7 and now on the M8).
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900

I've tried CleanROM, ViperOne, Insert Coin, and a couple of others. I like Viper and CR.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Has your venom tweaks popped up unexpectedly cannot open? Venom treks is constantly not wanting to open for me.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis32 View Post
    Has your venom tweaks popped up unexpectedly cannot open? Venom treks is constantly not wanting to open for me.
    Did you clean flash or dirty flash? You might try wiping the caches and flash the rom again

I clean flashed, it comes and goes idk why.
    ROM Developer

ROM
    Many

CleanROM For The Win!

Donations are accepted but not expected!
    Thanked by:
    benny3 
    benny3 likes this.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

So far I've used ARHD and currently on ViperOne. I liked both of them, ARHD Aabsolutely flew! ViperOne is absolutely loaded with custimisation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast