Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grantwolsey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck in an awkward boot loop....HELP!!!!

Ok.... bought the htc one m8 about a month ago on AT&T, got it rooted on stock, and started using straight talk Sim card. Friday night it started saying the network was unavailable so I tweaked the apn settings a little and restarted. It had been working fine until that point besides not being able to send and receive mms (which is why I got it rooted in the first place). When I restarted it my phone would stay on for about a min and restart itself continually. I couldn't even factory reset at this point. As I was backing the phone up it stopped restarting itself. I still wanted to reset and it finally allowed me to. Everything was fine once I did that besides the network thing. Straight talk said give it a while but as we know they are not very helpful. Last night and still this morning I had no service whatsoever, no bars to speak of. So I restarted and the boot loop began again! Once again cannot factory reset. I think it may be a bad app but I'm no expert. All you phone geniuses please help!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Stuck in an awkward boot loop....HELP!!!!

I am also having this problem, my m8 is continually rebooting after a minute or so of being on, DOUBLE HELP!!!
    reesh11 likes this.

Do you have the latest OS update installed?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not sure. I checked for updates not too long ago and it said there were no updates. However baking up my phone i.e. titanium backup seems to stop the rebooting problem. I'm going back to att at least their customer service is actually helpful.