Question about rooting my m8

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Thanks for your reply. I'll read more about rooting before I do anything. I had a rooted my touch before but I didn't do the rooting.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, no problem at all. XDA is a great resource if you're looking to get into rooting. I began 3 years ago with the HTC Inspire 4g and have rooted every phone since. Everything has gotten much easier as well.

Posted via Android Central App

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, no problem at all. XDA is a great resource if you're looking to get into rooting. I began 3 years ago with the HTC Inspire 4g and have rooted every phone since. Everything has gotten much easier as well.

What benefits did you get from rooting? Besides being able to remove bloatware

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
A few other things.
#1-Sixaxis controller. I get to play my favorite android games with my ps3 controller.
#2-SD card fix for KitKat. Huge time saver.
#3-Recently I downloaded an app that allowed screen casting to a chromecast that requires root access.(this function will be supported in the future without root requirement)
#4-Titanium BackUp. This has saved my app data quite a few times when I decided to try out a couple custom roms. Ultimately I just ended up sticking with the stock DevEd.
#5-Orbot App. Enable transparent proxying for ultimate privacy.
#6- I really like tinkering!!!!!!
#7-and last but not least.........drum roll please...........UPDATES WITHIN 90 DAYS OF BEING RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*!!!!!**!!!!!!!!!***!!!!!!!!!

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha. Thanks for the info. What about battery life? Does rooting improve it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha. Thanks for the info. What about battery life? Does rooting improve it?

Rooting alone, no. But root access allows you to use apps like Greenify to help improve battery life.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've also found that the ElementalX kernel took my screen time to near nine hours when I had it flashed. I found it unnecessary because I put my phone on the charger every night anyway. I was also unable to receive OTA updates with the kernel flashed as well so I ditched it!