Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Flashing ROM issue?

    I have a HTC one m8 Verizon edition which I recently rooted, s-off, installed TWRP and installed the Google play edition ROM. The ROM installed and my phone restarted. I'm now trying to flash a different ROM (android revolution HD if it matters) and it installs "successfully" in recovery but then the phone turns off and doesn't turn on. If I hold the power button and volume up button it shows the HTC screen then shows HTC one screen and won't go any further. Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to wipe data and everything before installing new ROM.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by jml9153 View Post
    I have a HTC one m8 Verizon edition which I recently rooted, s-off, installed TWRP and installed the Google play edition ROM. The ROM installed and my phone restarted. I'm now trying to flash a different ROM (android revolution HD if it matters) and it installs "successfully" in recovery but then the phone turns off and doesn't turn on. If I hold the power button and volume up button it shows the HTC screen then shows HTC one screen and won't go any further. Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to wipe data and everything before installing new ROM.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Hello jml9153, have you tried flashing the boot.img of the ROM? Maybe that will help. Also, what version of TWRP are you using?

    Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson



    My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    I use TWRP 2.7.0.2 and what do you mean the boot.IMG?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,022 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Do you have a link to the rom you flashed. I have a feeling you flashed a rom for the M7
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Also update your twrp
    http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8_...1.0-m8_wlv.img

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694917 that's the ROM I'm trying to flash?

    And how do I go about updating my TWRP?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Download that .img in the link I provided and flash it via fastboot.
    http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...oot-installer/

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  8. #8  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by jml9153 View Post
    [ROM] Android Revolution HD 10.2 | De-Odexed… | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum that's the ROM I'm trying to flash?

    And how do I go about updating my TWRP?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Update your TWRP by simply flashing over the one you currently have.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson



    My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
    Thanked by:
    NEXUS_HTC_PS likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Update your TWRP by simply flashing over the one you currently have.
    I updated my TWRP and exact same issues. Someone told me if they aren't mistaken that because i flashed a GPE rom, i cannot switch to a sense-rom due to partition differences in rom. is this true?

    I'm so frustrated with the COUNTLESS issues i've run into im willing to go back to 100% stock. how can i do this?? I just can't stand this GPE rom, to be honest.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jml9153 View Post
    I updated my TWRP and exact same issues. Someone told me if they aren't mistaken that because i flashed a GPE rom, i cannot switch to a sense-rom due to partition differences in rom. is this true?
    Yes that is your problem. The partitions sizes are different for the two. Here's a little guide I found on xda. The international firmware .401, is the medium. Follow this guide and you'll be golden in 30 minutes(provided you have no other issues arise).

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    Yes that is your problem. The partitions sizes are different for the two. Here's a little guide I found on xda. The international firmware .401, is the medium. Follow this guide and you'll be golden in 30 minutes(provided you have no other issues arise).

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523

    Posted via Android Central App
    I can't reply on xda-developers thread. I didn't get GPE via ruu. I got it through flashing a custom ROM. So how do I go about doing that? The instructions on the thread confuse me. Sorry if its a stupid question.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default

    So you've succeeded in everything except flashing a stock Rom then?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  13. #13  

    Default

    Here's a download link for the stock nand back up. Don't use the install button in twrp though. Use the restore option.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    So you've succeeded in everything except flashing a stock Rom then?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I was able to flash GPE ROM when I was on stock sense. But now that I'm on GPE I can't switch to any sense ROM due to partition differences, from what I understand. I'm going to try the nand backup. Does it need to be in a specific folder for twrp to recognize it as a backup?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Yes. Mine is setup like this twrp»backups» HT438WM02219 not sure what yours will be like since you have the .401 firmware, you may have a different model id

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    Yes. Mine is setup like this twrp»backups» HT438WM02219 not sure what yours will be like since you have the .401 firmware, you may have a different model id

    Posted via Android Central App
    Again not to sound stupid but where is the twrp folder? I saw it the other day and now I can't seem to find it to put the backup in?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Should be in the root of your internal storage.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    So if I go into a file explorer I just click on main storage, scroll down and there it is.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    My battery is too low now to do it but once its charged I'm going to make a backup in twrp and then download and put the nandroid you provided me in the same folder as the backup I just made.

    Will it let me restore to stock sense considering I'm on GPE ROM?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    As long as you flashed that firmware, you should be good too go!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    As long as you flashed that firmware, you should be good too go!

    Posted via Android Central App
    Which firmware to be exact?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS_HTC_PS View Post
    The one that you should have extracted from here^

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    So just to be sure I understand this and don't brick my phone.. I download and extract that file and put it in the backup folder for twrp and then restore it like any other backup as opposed to installing a ROM .zip like I would with a new ROM, and despite being on GPE ROM, it should work?

    Posted via the Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Flashing ROM issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by jml9153 View Post
    So just to be sure I understand this and don't brick my phone.. I download and extract that file and put it in the backup folder for twrp and then restore it like any other backup as opposed to installing a ROM .zip like I would with a new ROM, and despite being on GPE ROM, it should work?

    Posted via the Android Central App
    No. Extract and Flash the firmware in RUU mode first. Then boot into recovery and flash the entire nand backup.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. S5 SD card issues***
    By greddycivic7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 10:18 AM
  2. Flashing Cricket Samsung Galaxy S4 to Verizon or any other good CDMA
    By Dave Mark in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 09:33 PM
  3. Stock ROM avail if I want to revert after root?
    By Clifford Novey in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 01:34 AM
  4. Moto G issues connecting with home router
    By Nilliem in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
  5. Verizon Full S5's port Jasmine Rom 2.2
    By JODIEJOHN in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions