Can't get out of bootloader

cvv1984

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Could someone help me, I'm on a Mac and I have s-off and rooted. I recently flashed a ruu and after flashing Viper from twrp I can't boot into the rom. I keep booting into fastboot. What should I do

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried getting back into TWRP via your bootloader and reflash the ROM again? Did you make a backup of your previous setup before you flashed Viper that you can restore to?

cvv1984

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I did go back into twrp and reflash. But it just does the same thing after flashing. I don't have a backup because the ruu wiped the internal SD

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Right. I got that, I was just trying to make sure that your not trying to flash an M7 rom. And in fastboot, while connected to your pc via usb, type in the command "fastboot getvar all" while obviously leaving out the quotation marks.

cvv1984

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Right. I got that, I was just trying to make sure that your not trying to flash an M7 rom. And in fastboot, while connected to your pc via usb, type in the command "fastboot getvar all" while obviously leaving out the quotation marks.

Ok it is definitely for the m8 because I had it running before I screwed myself up. So my exact command is. /fastboot getvar all. Do I have to cd to the device? Since rooting back in April I have forgotten how this whole thing works with making the computer see the device.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
As long as you're in your sdk tools folder in the cmd then you should just enter /fastboot getvar all that will tell you your os version which mine is something like 2.22.1540. something ir other. Then I can find you a stock nand backup that you can restore from in twrp

cvv1984

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok great thanks for your help. I will attempt when I get home. Could you be contacted in hangouts if I have further questions

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm putting this here for future reference once the back up needed is found.
Set the device into ADB*sideload mode. In TWRP*you do this by going to Advanced then ADB*Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip

cvv1984

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm putting this here for future reference once the back up needed is found.
Set the device into ADB*sideload mode. In TWRP*you do this by going to Advanced then ADB*Sideload.
From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip

Hey I ran the command getvar all. now what should I do?