Need help quick question

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I need help, I want to root and unlock bootloader on my HTC One M8, and when I open the windroid universal HTC toolkit 1.2 it will crash and stop working. How can I fix this issue?

6kPE4QUb.png

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How do I use that toolkit to root and unlock bootloader on my htc one m8?

It has tabs for whatever you want to do. Unlock the bootloader then install a recovery after that you can either flash a rom which is rooted or you can flash suersu zip in recovery

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont know i dont use any toolkit i use adb/fastboot manually for everything. Htcdev has all the commands you need to unlock the bootloader, you can copy/paste them into the cmd prompt.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
^^^exactly how I do it. The tool kits can be dangerous if you accidentally flash or erase something by mistake. The safest way will always be ADB fastboot manual commands.

Posted via the Android Central App

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so as you may or may not know. I got a new htc one m8 because my old htc one m8 had a stuck pixel so I had to root and unlock bootloader on the new phone. I got good news, I successfully rooted and unlocked bootloader on my new htc one m8. The bad news is I was unable to s-off my new htc one m8. When I used firewater this happened as seen in the picture. Did I do something wrong or do I have to use sunshine?

ghgtrd.PNG

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane