Can't Flash the Stock Nandroid Backup

outatime80

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

First time poster here so hello from me, need a little advice please, I am trying to unroot my HTC One M8 (ATT) and I was going along quite nicely using the unlockr guide and then got to the "Flash the Stock Nandroid Backup" part and I am stuck big time!

Long story short I just can't find the files when I boot into recovery, I downloaded the stock stock Nandroid backup unzipped them or RAR and put it in the /TWRP/backups/ folder which I had to create the Backups sub folder. Then I boot into recovery mode and nothing, it can't see the files, I have the correct files I double checked I got the correct one but it just can't see it.

Anyone had this issue, I bet I am doing something stupid I just don't know what!

Help

Thanks

Stuart

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would never follow anyone else's instructions, other than the ones on xda! Just a tip. You should really make the xda forums your best friend! Go here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2701376
Find the back up for your phone, flash it in twrp
Then find the stock recovery in that same thread(again, specific to your device) and flash that in fastboot. Then you should be able to accept OTA updates. Also be sure to flash the earliest software version so you can test the OTA updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The unlockr is a very good place for guides and info and i trust folks over there they would never steer you wrong.