SuperSU update

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought a rooted htc one m8 Google Edition last week with the hope that I would get a the phone I wanted without having to go through the root and flashing process myself. I did it once a few years ago with my droid, but didn't feel I have the time to devote to learning the ins and outs of rooting this device. However two days after getting the phone I'm getting a persistent notification that the SuperSU binary needs updating. The warning message that follows says for HTC phones that I should use cwm or twrp to install on an HTC, rather than the normal install.

So my questions:
1. If I do nothing, what happens?
2. Has anyone done the "normal" update?
3. If I need to do via twrp or cwm, do I need to understand the whole root process? What's the minimum I can get away with at this point?

I understand this is dangerous ground here... not wanting to shortcut the process at the expense of bricking my phone, but was not expecting to have to deal with this already... live and learn I guess..

Posted via the Android Central App

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
After talking to the person who sold thee phone, I went ahead and did the "normal" installation, even though it was not the recommended path for htc phone. Installation was successful and notification went away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781