HTC M8 Stuck In Fastboot

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
HTC M8 gets stuck on the boot screen so I tried going into fastboot to see if I can flash RUU so restore it to stock.
Restoring using RUU fails with error U ERROR [130]: MODEL ID ERROR ERROR [131]: . Any ideas what does this error means.
Before I return the phone to HTC repair I want to change the status from relocked to locked and remove software status modified.
I can only get into fast boot and PC doesn't see the phone not sure if its a driver issue on windows 8.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC M8 gets stuck on the boot screen so I tried going into fastboot to see if I can flash RUU so restore it to stock.
Restoring using RUU fails with error U ERROR [130]: MODEL ID ERROR ERROR [131]: . Any ideas what does this error means.
Before I return the phone to HTC repair I want to change the status from relocked to locked and remove software status modified.
I can only get into fast boot and PC doesn't see the phone not sure if its a driver issue on windows 8.

Hello! Welcome to AndroidCentral. That error usually means that you used the wrong RUU for your phone. Can you state what RUU you used specifically? That would be helpful. Unfortunately, if you want to change the information you stated, you will need S-OFF.

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I used this RUU RUU_M8_UL_K44_SENSE60_ATT_SECURITY_Cingular_US_1.58.502.1_Radio_1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L posted on htc site. Phone is unlocked from HTC is there RUU for it ?
What do I need to do to get the phone to boot first . I think if that works then I can worry about S-OFF as if I phone boots then I am ok .

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I used this RUU RUU_M8_UL_K44_SENSE60_ATT_SECURITY_Cingular_US_1.58.502.1_Radio_1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L posted on htc site. Phone is unlocked from HTC is there RUU for it ?
What do I need to do to get the phone to boot first . I think if that works then I can worry about S-OFF as if I phone boots then I am ok .
What rom were you running before flashing the RUU? Did you have a recovery installed like TWRP?

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Just rooted the stock rom and installed Twrp . So what are the options here , I think adb has to work .. What are my options here to get this phone up and running.

Last edited:

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Used windroid toolkit to root the phone , install su and twrp. Then once I reboooted thats where the phone gets stuck at the htc one boot screen. I can get into hboot and charge phone when ts connected to the PC. Attached is the screen

So what steps i can try next or phone has to be sent in for repair.

Attachments

• WP_20141207_18_33_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141207_18_33_52_Pro.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 18

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I dont have any recovery installed , if you see from the screenshot a bive. Dont I have to flash a recovery first and then flash ROM. Problem is phone is relocked and its S-ON.
Dont I need unlocked bootloader ans S-OFF to flash any ROM or recovery ..

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You said in your last post you installed su and twrp. You can flash roms with s-on but you do need a custom recovery

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes I did had su and twrp installed then phone got stuck in bootloop. After I rebooted installing su and twrp, do I need twrpimg to flash in hboot and then flash roms ??

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont have any recovery installed , if you see from the screenshot a bive. Dont I have to flash a recovery first and then flash ROM. Problem is phone is relocked and its S-ON.
Dont I need unlocked bootloader ans S-OFF to flash any ROM or recovery ..
You just need an unlocked bootloader.

JOHN Smith88

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I still have bin file from HTC. What do I need to do first since I can only get into HBOOT ??. Does the phone has to be unlocked first to flash custom recovery as I copied the twrp img on the root of the sd card but phone looked for a zip file which didn't worked..

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I still have bin file from HTC. What do I need to do first since I can only get into HBOOT ??. Does the phone has to be unlocked first to flash custom recovery as I copied the twrp img on the root of the sd card but phone looked for a zip file which didn't worked..

Sorry for the late reply. Can you access fastboot mode in the bootloader menu?

adriboo

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the same error when I did this last android update on my HTC M8. I took it to Sprint and they had to do a factory reset

Posted via the Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski