Red Triangle Error in OTA Update on recently unrooted/replaced custom recovery M8

jrsnively1

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So I had once rooted my developer edition m8 and had a custom recovery installed (twrp) and with the Eye experience update out and lollipop around the corner I decided it was time to remove those things. So I unistalled SU, unrooted, replaced the recovery with stock, and tried the OTA Update for the eye experience, and it fails when the red triangle with an exclamation point pops up.
Any help is appreciated!
EDIT: it seems the problem is that when "verifying the current system", "/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml" has unexpected contents. This is probably due to an sd card fix i applied, does any one know how to replace it/restore it? thanks!
EDIT 2: I rerooted, and know how to replace it but cannot find an unedited platform.xml online.
EDIT 3: Found one! at this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89102457/platform.xml Once replaced using TWRP file manager the OTA worked fine! Thanks for everyone's help! :)

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You need to be rooted again and file explorer so you can replace that file with one from the stock rom which you can get over at XDA
Or what Rukbat said