need help with htc

htcphone914

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I just joined this forum because i have a htc one m8 that is in a bootloop. I have tried booting in recovery but still in a bootloop. I would do a factory reset, but i just came back from a vacation to florida and really need the pictures and videos on the phone. Is there any way i can get these pictures and videos off of it? I don't care if it voids warranty i will probably do about anything to get those pictures and videos i have off. I will even pay if i have to and if there is someone who knows how i can get this data off my phone that i need, and doesn't want to post it here feel free to pm me if you would like. I read that if i use HTCDEV unlock will not delete pictures and music even though it says it does, is this true?

Help appreciated.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That WILL delete your pictures, if you unlock the bootloader using HTCDEV to unlock it. Doing a factory reset, I do not THINK, will delete your pictures. Please get a consensus and do not go solely on my less than 100% recollection of a factory reset deleting your SD card. The factory reset done from Recovery versus the one you start from the OS itself (which you cannot do), may not be equal in what they do either. Sorry I could not be specific on that, but I wanted to chime in quickly on the HTCDev portion... do NOT do that if you need pics off it first.

It may also be possible to move the pictures off through fastboot, but I have never tried pulling data off a phone with fastboot, just put stuff ON to it.