Won't stop vibrating until I check notification?

YuCheam

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked at&t htc one m8. The bootloader has been unlocked, it's s-off and rooted. I recently just installed a tmobile RUU from the htc official website because I was having problems with receiving/sending mms text. Everything now works fine except for the notification vibration. Every time I get a notification my phone will vibrate in 15-20 sec intervals until I check the notification. It still vibrates even when on silent mode. I tried factory resetting my phone which didn't work. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with any one specific app because it happens with any notification I get from any app. I think it might have to do something with the system being rooted and the new RUU or the light notification. I noticed that when I changed the light notification setting so that it would only light up when the display was off, it stopped the constant vibrating. Only when my display was off and the light was going off is when it would vibrate constantly. Not exactly sure if I need to re-install the RUU?

Roman Palacios

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever find out the answer to the vibrating issue? I have an unrooted HTC M8 and as of a few days ago it started doing the same thing. I have unchecked all vibration boxes but it still does it every 15 seconds or so.
Anyone have a answer to this annoying problem?:confused:

Dzokhar

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings --> Accessibility --> then turn "Notification Reminder" off.

I have an unlocked at&t htc one m8. The bootloader has been unlocked, it's s-off and rooted. I recently just installed a tmobile RUU from the htc official website because I was having problems with receiving/sending mms text. Everything now works fine except for the notification vibration. Every time I get a notification my phone will vibrate in 15-20 sec intervals until I check the notification. It still vibrates even when on silent mode. I tried factory resetting my phone which didn't work. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with any one specific app because it happens with any notification I get from any app. I think it might have to do something with the system being rooted and the new RUU or the light notification. I noticed that when I changed the light notification setting so that it would only light up when the display was off, it stopped the constant vibrating. Only when my display was off and the light was going off is when it would vibrate constantly. Not exactly sure if I need to re-install the RUU?