Cannot stand Verizon's HTC Lollipop OS. Need help.

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am generally new here and in Android modifications (even tho I'm natural Android FAN). But since my latest switch from Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Verizon HTC One M8, I've been more disapointed than happy. Both devices had Lollipop already (at the point of exchange).
Making the long story short - I'm unhappy with my OS (Lollipop) and Verizon's restrictions (I bought the phone in US, but I'm using it in Europe with totally different carrier). For example - I cannot share my 5gigs of mobile network over hotspot and etc...
So.... I would like to get a fresh, non-Verizon Lollipop OS for my phone (I dont have the patience to wait until spring for Verizon to release the Marshmallow upgrade). Or maybe I should wait to get my hands on Marshmallow for my HTC (non-Verizon Marshmallow).

Please let me know what my options are, what would be the best solution and what is possible from the things I just listed.

Paul.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I am generally new here and in Android modifications (even tho I'm natural Android FAN). But since my latest switch from Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Verizon HTC One M8, I've been more disapointed than happy. Both devices had Lollipop already (at the point of exchange).
Making the long story short - I'm unhappy with my OS (Lollipop) and Verizon's restrictions (I bought the phone in US, but I'm using it in Europe with totally different carrier). For example - I cannot share my 5gigs of mobile network over hotspot and etc...
So.... I would like to get a fresh, non-Verizon Lollipop OS for my phone (I dont have the patience to wait until spring for Verizon to release the Marshmallow upgrade). Or maybe I should wait to get my hands on Marshmallow for my HTC (non-Verizon Marshmallow).

Please let me know what my options are, what would be the best solution and what is possible from the things I just listed.

Paul.

It doesnt have anything to do with the phone , You can see if your carrier has a Hotspot plan or you can add dun to the APN type and hack it. You will need your MSL # and a Google search will get the instructions, it's very easy.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you want a closer to "pure" Android experience, consider flashing a Google Play Edition ROM, if you feel like going through all that. It should have the Hotspot feature unlocked. If not, find a GPE-based custom ROM that does have it unlocked. I have ViperONE on my M8 which is Sense based but it has the Hotspot unlocked (yes, it's a Verizon M8).