Cluelessly messed around with roms and recovery, what's the best way to unlock my phone so I can use my sim on it??

Bailey Martin1

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Cluelessly messed around with roms and recovery, what's the best way to unlock my phone so I can use my sim on it??

Long story short when I got my One M8 back from HTC repair it was locked back to O2, I thought I could save myself a bit of money by changing roms and other stuff that I knew very little about and unlock the phone myself. It didn't work and now I'm running a custom rom so my sim unlock code (that I eventually purchased after changing everything) won't work.

I think I also somehow deleted my recovery because whenever I load into recovery from my boot loader I get a red error triangle. RUU doesn't work for me when I try to restore my phone to the stock rom (receive error 171).

So I'm just wondering what would be the best way to unlock my phone so I can use my sim on it, because I'm not sure what to do right now.

Not sure what information you'll need, but I'm S-on and my boot loader is unlocked. Would be happy to provide any other information needed.

Thank you guys.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. When booting into recovery, and at the screen with the red triangle, have you tried pressing and holding volume up while clicking power?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital