Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Default Re: HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post
    Three cameras.
    Could you expand on that?

So one on the front and two rear I assume.

Do both rear cameras take photos or is one of them just there to assisting the 'main' one in focusing, white balance etc? Any word on the resolution of the camera/s?

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post

Do both rear cameras take photos or is one of them just there to assisting the 'main' one in focusing, white balance etc? Any word on the resolution of the camera/s?
    I'd like a smartphone camera with optical zooming !

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post

It would be awesome if both cameras worked to give a true HDR mode for those stunning landscape photos. Light and dark contrast.

I own the S4 and i think it might be time to try HTC again. Excited to hear the actual specs upon release.

Posted via Android Central App
    Now: Motorola Nexus 6 History: LG Nexus 5 - Traded | LG G2 - Wife's phone now | Samsung GS4 GPE - Traded | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

HTC One 2 vs HTC One - What to expect - Opinion - Trusted Reviews
    HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-htc-one-2-1.jpg

that looks very appealing with the softkeys and menu button

Still my favotie render, hands down:
    HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-htc-m8-one-2-concept.jpg

i'd buy that tomorrow if camera is improved
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jackoceanz View Post
    i'd buy that tomorrow if camera is improved
    Yeah I hear you.

I have an Xperia Z1 which has an incredible camera and battery life, so the HTC One 2 had better have equal or better battery life/camera.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    jackoceanz likes this.
    Android Central Europe Editor

What evleaks is saying about on-screen keys is legit as far as I know.
    Thanked by:

does this mean the menu button is back! omg so excited!

Hmm, If they're going with current Android standard, it would be Back, Home, Multi-task.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

If there's a developer edition that FULLY supports TMO's frequencies I'll pick it up in a heartbeat.

TMO's frequencies? do you meant they dont currently? I thought TMO offer htc one themselves
    I got my dad a htc one and it appears to work

The TMO branded one does, but the developer edition lacked 3G on AWS.

does this mean the menu button is back! omg so excited!
    What do you mean? You mean that giant menu bar at the bottom of the screen? If so, then no. The menu button will be (probably) a three dot menu next to the multi-task button which will all be on screen.

There won't be another, extra bar just for the menu button. Not unless HTC really, REALLY screw up their UI this time round.
    TheLibertarian likes this.

i was talking about the multitask button.

but i thought 3 dot on screen button was only added because they took out the multitask button?
    correct me if i am wrong. I dont recall seeing the 3 dots on non htc devices

i was talking about the multitask button.

but i thought 3 dot on screen button was only added because they took out the multitask button?
    correct me if i am wrong. I dont recall seeing the 3 dots on non htc devices
    The three dot menu button and multi-task button have different functions. Multi-task button brings up a list of all the apps you have used recently. Three dot menu button brings up the menu options (settings etc).

Both the HTC One X and HTC One had this hideous 3 dot menu bar that would show up when an app didn't integrate the menu button into the app itself. Nexus devices and other phones with on-screen buttons would have the three dot menu pop up on the navigation bar when an app required a menu.

HTC had to release updates to fix the issue. And now with the the new HTC One having on-screen buttons, I assume the layout would be just like the Nexus/Xperia/MotoX layouts. Back, home, multi-task and menu 'burger' popping up when required.

IMO this is a better layout than the back/home capacitive buttons of the One.
    Thanked by 2:
    jackoceanz likes this.

yup i like it if it's like nexus / stock android.

I didn't mind too much the 3 dots... but prefer not having it

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Still my favotie render, hands down:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTC-M8-One-2-concept.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	102561
    This is amazing looking. Do et meow HTC. I would buy the heck out of it as long as i could unlock the bootloader.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

are google editions still locked ?

HTC M8 phone may not debut until late March

HTC M8 phone may not debut until late March | Mobile - CNET News

" @evleaks said: "Starting to look like a late March, NYC launch for HTC M8." Rumored to also go by the name of the HTC One 2 or HTC One+, the phone will reportedly come in a dual-SIM version,"
    Android Central Europe Editor

Three cameras.
    And here are two of them First HTC M8 photo shows dual rear cameras | Android Central

Bit of a weird design is you ask me.

Maybe it's just a prototype and isn't the final product.

I do like where HTC is going with this though and hopefully it's as awesome as I hope it's going to be.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

And is their new camera module the same one Toshiba is making? Toshiba's new dual camera module brings 'deep focus' imaging to smartphones

I hope it actually improves image quality. Hopefully not just a gimmick.

Sent from my HTC One
    coronaboy10 and jackoceanz like this.

HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-bfw22hyiuaihgez.pngHTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-bfwz273iiaetepc.jpg
    a couple images posted by @HTCFamily_RU on twitter.
    both images were claimed to be fake by original poster...
    I feel the one on the right looks pretty real so I decided to do a photo analysis to check the legitimacy of this "fake" leaked image...

NOTE: I am no expert or professional or anything....just trying to use common sense to investigate...

1. Camera looks legit:
    If this is indeed is a photoshopped image, the photo shopper would likely to duplicate the camera and put it up on top...
    I attempted coping and pasting the camera and size it down...
    The result is higher fidelity image than the original... because of the sized down pixels. Also notice the reflective white ring from the copied camera.

2. LED looks legit:
    if this is indeed a photoshopped image, the photoshopper would likely to duplicate the LED with a simple copy and paste.
    I simple copy the lower LED and put it next to top LED
    When zoomed out, they look identical. When zoomed in, they clearly have different composition
    HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-htconem8.jpg

Conclusion:
    Either this is the work of a master photoshoper...who went out of his way to rez down the camera and toned out the reflection... AND ... carefully changed the LED pixel composition without making it look weird....

or it's totally legit.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast