HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is my ideal M8

I agree with above,

processor doesn't really need an upgrade. It's already snappy.
CameraI Ultrapixel is nice, but I think pixel count and/or sensor should go up... since photos tend to be more "blurry" on htc one.
Blinkfeed I think it's great feature *in theory* but I see most people (atleast expereienced android users) prefer without it. Just look at http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270113-post-your-home-screens-here.html
stock android coz it's easier & quicker for htc to implement upgrades so users can expect to receive software updates without too much delays
Plus all those 3rd party features all end up being G+ features anyway.
Extra ram 2GB is nice on most phones, but 3GB will likely iron out most of the lags when multiple apps are running in the background
Improved Battery Current battery life isn't bad, but who would say no to even more juice? Like above said 2900mah would be nice.
Home + menu button To work with stock android, instead of htc's version with 3 dots... I believe they must bring back the menu button. Yes htc logo looks great in the front, but there is a more beautiful one on the back. I'd rather have better function anyday!
power on side so that you dont have to reach all the way top with the bigger screens
flat back it's a personal preference..

htcOneConcept.jpg

Last edited:

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Agree with everyone's requests for the next One. Would also really like to see a black model on Verizon. 👍

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
2 reasons and 2 reasons only that i did not buy the one:

1. Menu button configuration. I cannot get past the fact there are only 2 buttons. Just put on 3 and we would have been golden. This i could have learn to lived with if it were not for 2...

2. Power button on top. This phone is far too tall for a power button to be on top. Now that i have a phone with it on the side, i cannot go back to oddly contorting my hand and almost dropping the phone every time i wan to turn the screen on or off. I am sorry, but i was a deal breaker.

Other than that, i liked sense(enough anyway). I liked the hardware. The screen is still the best screen on ANY phone. I loved that they figured out S-off and you can easily flash gpe and mods that the awesome htc devs put out all the time. The speakers are great as well. Just a great phone with a couple of missteps that can be easily fixed with the M8. I hope that HTC will fix them.

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Could you expand on that? :)

So one on the front and two rear I assume.

Do both rear cameras take photos or is one of them just there to assisting the 'main' one in focusing, white balance etc? Any word on the resolution of the camera/s?

I'd like a smartphone camera with optical zooming !

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Could you expand on that? :)

So one on the front and two rear I assume.

Do both rear cameras take photos or is one of them just there to assisting the 'main' one in focusing, white balance etc? Any word on the resolution of the camera/s?

It would be awesome if both cameras worked to give a true HDR mode for those stunning landscape photos. Light and dark contrast.

I own the S4 and i think it might be time to try HTC again. Excited to hear the actual specs upon release.

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
does this mean the menu button is back! omg so excited!

What do you mean? You mean that giant menu bar at the bottom of the screen? If so, then no. The menu button will be (probably) a three dot menu next to the multi-task button which will all be on screen.

There won't be another, extra bar just for the menu button. Not unless HTC really, REALLY screw up their UI this time round.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i was talking about the multitask button.

but i thought 3 dot on screen button was only added because they took out the multitask button?
correct me if i am wrong. I dont recall seeing the 3 dots on non htc devices

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908