Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Hope it's as good as the first HTC One plus looks like it might be out right about the time as the S5.

HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Default Re: HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Hope it's as good as the first HTC One plus looks like it might be out right about the time as the S5.

HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
    problem is he'll come with Snapdragon 800. a bit outdated when you plan your next flagship.
    hope they'll be able to stick to the latest.

Default Re: HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Maybe the Snapdragon 805

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    problem is he'll come with Snapdragon 800. a bit outdated when you plan your next flagship.
    hope they'll be able to stick to the latest.
    I don't see a problem. The HTC One was already really snappy with the Snapdragon 600, so an even more powerful Snapdragon 800 and the new Sense would be fine IMO.

Software optimisation is the key. That's why the Galaxy S4 had the same cpu but ran like a dog.

Specs aren't the be all in phones anymore IMO. More interested to see how well HTC optimize their software.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    I don't see a problem. The HTC One was already really snappy with the Snapdragon 600, so an even more powerful Snapdragon 800 and the new Sense would be fine IMO.

Software optimisation is the key. That's why the Galaxy S4 had the same cpu but ran like a dog.

Specs aren't the be all in phones anymore IMO. More interested to see how well HTC optimize their software.

It'll be interesting to see what they'll come out with, I think the fact their one of the main OEM's to release their phones first plays another factor as well. Apart of me reckons they might end up going 64 bit.
    droidman2177 likes this.

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

What's funny is that the Snapdragon 200/400/600/800 is not even an outdated chipset but it's most current one so I don't get why you would say outdated.. Snapdragon 805 is great but still part of that series..
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...
    droidman2177 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasCvdB View Post
    What's funny is that the Snapdragon 200/400/600/800 is not even an outdated chipset but it's most current one so I don't get why you would say outdated.. Snapdragon 805 is great but still part of that series..
    While a good processor is good, I think software optimization is key, think of the iPhone with with a dual core 1.2ghz, it's heavily optimized hence the reason it copes well.
    I would prefer a 64bit processor so it kind of makes the phone slightly future proof

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    droidman2177 likes this.

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    While a good processor is good, I think software optimization is key, think of the iPhone with with a dual core 1.2ghz, it's heavily optimized hence the reason it copes well.
    I would prefer a 64bit processor so it kind of makes the phone slightly future proof

Sorry I was responding to RozRoz 64 Bit is nice but before it's fully adopted it would take a while majority of devices being used will still be 32 bit for awhile plus all apps would have to be optimized to take full advantage of 64 bit processor and most apps don't really need 64 bit in my opinion...
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...
    droidman2177 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasCvdB View Post
    Sorry I was responding to RozRoz 64 Bit is nice but before it's fully adopted it would take a while majority of devices being used will still be 32 bit for awhile plus all apps would have to be optimized to take full advantage of 64 bit processor and most apps don't really need 64 bit in my opinion...
    I agree, while making the jump to 64bit will be good for the long run, its immediate effects aren't all that, sure theirs a slight speed increase , but you need at least 4gb to take some advantage of it !

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

I don't know if calling it the HTC One 2 would be appropriate, maybe 1.5 would be more the right way..
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

How about the HTC Two?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Haalcyon likes this.

Not too exciting here. EVLeaks is usually spot on. I'll be very interested to see how many ultra pixels we get this time. Hopefully > 4.0.

Check out @evleaks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/418804925548613632

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatone3 View Post
    Not too exciting here. EVLeaks is usually spot on. I'll be very interested to see how many ultra pixels we get this time. Hopefully > 4.0.

Check out @evleaks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/418804925548613632
    I hope so as well, the idea is great but it loses the sharpness which is seen on 8+ megapixel cameras. If it was an 8 ultra pixel camera, I think it'll be great

Android Central Europe Editor

Mike1986 posted some details today, including a name - the HTC One+.

Just thought I'd chime in to say this is a name we've heard from our own sources in recent days.

I can't confirm anything about the specs published today though - http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...ut-htc-m8.html - though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Snap 800 in the current Dev units being swapped out with 805s in time for release.
    Thanked by 3:
    rozroz likes this.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

An SD card? that is an interesting development...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post

Just thought I'd chime in to say this is a name we've heard from our own sources in recent days.

I can't confirm anything about the specs published today though - Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: More details about the HTC M8 - though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Snap 800 in the current Dev units being swapped out with 805s in time for release.
    hmmm just 2GB RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dobie View Post

I can't confirm anything about the specs published today though - Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: More details about the HTC M8 - though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Snap 800 in the current Dev units being swapped out with 805s in time for release.
    Well now, this has me excited. Alex, I know you can't confirm or deny anything, but how accurate do you think those rumours would be? Mike1986 is a well known developer on XDA, so if he's posting something like that, I'd imagine it'd have some weighting to it.

EDIT: Some more rumours going round: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1256...o-know-updated

Seems to differ with what Mike1986 said. Snapdragon 800 processor, exactly (?) the same camera module ( ), and 16gb onboard storage with an sd-slot.

Seems like the Snapdragon 805's wouldn't be ready for mass production by the time HTC wanted to push the phone out. I can see if they're using the Snapdragon 800 and the same camera module, it'd save HTC a bit of money rather than getting the latest tech, so that may be a decision they made. Who knows.

We'll just have to wait till MWC.
    Last edited by I Can Be Your Hero; 01-07-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I'm not interested unless it has a camera upgrade. Otherwise, it's a side-grade from the original One, which runs like a champ and will get Kit Kat hopefully in a few more weeks.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    I'm not interested unless it has a camera upgrade. Otherwise, it's a side-grade from the original One, which runs like a champ and will get Kit Kat hopefully in a few more weeks.
    Yeah I hope the same camera rumours aren't true. Even if it were just a small upgrade from the One, I'd be fine with that.

Camera and battery upgrades are what I'm after most.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Yeah I hope the same camera rumours aren't true. Even if it were just a small upgrade from the One, I'd be fine with that.

Camera and battery upgrades are what I'm after most.

Agreed. If it has a 2900mah battery - it'll be hard to pass up.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanked by:

Here is my ideal M8

I agree with above,

processor doesn't really need an upgrade. It's already snappy.
    CameraI Ultrapixel is nice, but I think pixel count and/or sensor should go up... since photos tend to be more "blurry" on htc one.
    Blinkfeed I think it's great feature *in theory* but I see most people (atleast expereienced android users) prefer without it. Just look at Post your home screens here!
    stock android coz it's easier & quicker for htc to implement upgrades so users can expect to receive software updates without too much delays
    Plus all those 3rd party features all end up being G+ features anyway.
    Extra ram 2GB is nice on most phones, but 3GB will likely iron out most of the lags when multiple apps are running in the background
    Improved Battery Current battery life isn't bad, but who would say no to even more juice? Like above said 2900mah would be nice.
    Home + menu button To work with stock android, instead of htc's version with 3 dots... I believe they must bring back the menu button. Yes htc logo looks great in the front, but there is a more beautiful one on the back. I'd rather have better function anyday!
    power on side so that you dont have to reach all the way top with the bigger screens
    flat back it's a personal preference..

HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design-htconeconcept.jpg
    Last edited by jackoceanz; 01-24-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Just a quick thought, but if they made the body out of a polycarbonate similar to what Nokia uses that would be mighty fancy.
    jackoceanz likes this.

Agree with everyone's requests for the next One. Would also really like to see a black model on Verizon. 👍

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    jackoceanz likes this.

ROM
    Viper

2 reasons and 2 reasons only that i did not buy the one:

1. Menu button configuration. I cannot get past the fact there are only 2 buttons. Just put on 3 and we would have been golden. This i could have learn to lived with if it were not for 2...

2. Power button on top. This phone is far too tall for a power button to be on top. Now that i have a phone with it on the side, i cannot go back to oddly contorting my hand and almost dropping the phone every time i wan to turn the screen on or off. I am sorry, but i was a deal breaker.

Other than that, i liked sense(enough anyway). I liked the hardware. The screen is still the best screen on ANY phone. I loved that they figured out S-off and you can easily flash gpe and mods that the awesome htc devs put out all the time. The speakers are great as well. Just a great phone with a couple of missteps that can be easily fixed with the M8. I hope that HTC will fix them.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Android Central Europe Editor

Three cameras.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast