Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: HTC One 2 (M8)

Looks pretty nice, but I don't like their new UI if this is it
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Motorola might come back kick *** with Lenovo
    lets wait and see what phones they will come up with.

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

I dont like that green. Other than that its ok.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

First look I didn't care for the green but after a little time I think I may kinda like it (would be nice if had the option to edit the color). I hope that it does come with on screen navigation buttons I really miss that from my Nexus days.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Doesn't look bad at all, really. HTC has come along way since the HTC Hero days. I wouldn't mind trying thus device out if the opportunity was presented. I'm very interested in knowing how those dual cameras are going to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I'm very interested in knowing how those dual cameras are going to work.
    not 100% sure but i know when i had LGs 3d phone it had the dual cameras to film 3d video(supposedly)

I just hope it isn't much bigger, if at all bigger than the first HTC One

Posted via Android Central App

I'd say the phone will be the exact same size as the One. Take out the area where the capacitive buttons are and stretch the screen down, then you at or near 5 inches.

Posted with my Moto X
    Rose4uKY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charlee08 View Post
    I'd say the phone will be the exact same size as the One. Take out the area where the capacitive buttons are and stretch the screen down, then you at or near 5 inches.

Posted with my Moto X
    Yeah but then the screen would be 2080x1080. They will make it wider as well to preserve the 16:9 aspect ratio, and unless they put the buttons on the back like LG expect the phone to be a few mm wider overall

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    I dont like that green. Other than that its ok.
    The green is just the current wallpaper on there. The status bar is partially transparent, and that is why it looks green.

Posted from my Nexus 5
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Borarjti View Post
    not 100% sure but i know when i had LGs 3d phone it had the dual cameras to film 3d video(supposedly)
    From what I've read the dual cameras should have some of the Lytro camera functionality, not 3d as they're positioned incorrectly for that.

Here are some more pics. Don't look too bad if this is how it ends up being. Hope they beef up the camera and battery.
    Rose4uKY and PAC757 like this.

I'm currently on the train commuting home and a girl walked on holding the M8. She's currently sitting across the aisle, I'm not at a good angle to get a shot of it. I can confirm it looks exactly like the one pictured in the leaked shots. I also peeked over and got a glimpse of the screen, the screen shot leaks are real too. This is unreal. Pretty sure she works for one of the service providers and is testing the phone as I know others who did that with blackberries before being released. It's definitely bigger than the HTC One in size. The bezel on the top of the phone is black (where the power button sits). If I can get a shot I'll post it

Rose4uKY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Chung View Post
    I'm currently on the train commuting home and a girl walked on holding the M8. She's currently sitting across the aisle, I'm not at a good angle to get a shot of it. I can confirm it looks exactly like the one pictured in the leaked shots. I also peeked over and got a glimpse of the screen, the screen shot leaks are real too. This is unreal. Pretty sure she works for one of the service providers and is testing the phone as I know others who did that with blackberries before being released. It's definitely bigger than the HTC One in size. The bezel on the top of the phone is black (where the power button sits). If I can get a shot I'll post it

If that's the case just walk up and say "Nice phone, what is it" you'll get the peak you're looking for

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    Rose4uKY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    If that's the case just walk up and say "Nice phone, what is it" you'll get the peak you're looking for

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    She's currently talking on the phone. The people I knew that tested the blackberries said it's a big deal if anyone snapped a picture of it, leaked, and was traced back to them. I would imagine she would keep an eye that I don't take a picture lol. She was inspecting the phone so I got a full glimpse of it

She's currently talking on the phone. The people I knew that tested the blackberries said it's a big deal if anyone snapped a picture of it, leaked, and was traced back to them. I would imagine she would keep an eye that I don't take a picture lol. She was inspecting the phone so I got a full glimpse of it

That's when you gotta make it look like you're texting but actually taking a pic.
    Rose4uKY likes this.

HTC One 2 (M8)-img_20140212_183352.jpgHTC One 2 (M8)-img_20140212_183245.jpg

I know these pictures don't show anything but it was the best I could do. I wouldn't attempt these shots if I was lying. But no surprises anyways, what we saw in the leaked shots, they're all valid so now we know for sure how it's going to look.

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Matthew. Thank you for the picture. Do you think you could ask if the phone uses a micro or nano sim? Also which leak looks like here phone? The leak with the black bezel at the bottom with the HTC logo or today's leak with out the HTC logo on the black bezel? Also are you in the States or else where?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140212_183352.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	104470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140212_183245.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	104471

I know these pictures don't show anything but it was the best I could do. I wouldn't attempt these shots if I was lying. But no surprises anyways, what we saw in the leaked shots, they're all valid so now we know for sure how it's going to look.
    That's amazing that you noticed it. How all does it differ from the current One or One Max in looks?

Posted from my Nexus 5
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by giper54 View Post
    Matthew. Thank you for the picture. Do you think you could ask if the phone uses a micro or nano sim? Also which leak looks like here phone? The leak with the black bezel at the bottom with the HTC logo or today's leak with out the HTC logo on the black bezel? Also are you in the States or else where?
    Sorry I didn't speak to her at all since she was on the phone the entire time on a headset. From what I remember the black htc leak is a fake. The real snap shots of the silver body with the black bezel and htc on it is the real one, although I could've gotten that black bezel confused with the on screen button bar. Since she was holding the phone by the bottom when she walked on, I think I remember seeing that black bezel. But the screen looked massive (not like phablet) but more like the size of a G2.

Last edited by Matthew Chung; 02-13-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    That's amazing that you noticed it. How all does it differ from the current One or One Max in looks?

Posted from my Nexus 5
    I noticed it because when she walked on the train she was holding it to her chest and I saw the dual camera lenses. That's what confirmed it for me it was the M8. It basically looks like it's in between the One and the One Max. The leaked snap shots of the silver M8 recently, that's exactly how it looks.

Rose4uKY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by giper54 View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm from Toronto Canada

I did notice that green background in the sense blinkfeed. I guess that's the default? I only got a couple quick glimpse of her screen. I have a Nexus 5 and the screen looked bigger or could've been the thinner bezel that makes the overall screen look bigger. I could be wrong but like I said it looked like size wise comparable to the G2

Last edited by Matthew Chung; 02-13-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Too bad we know that big azz bezel on the bottom is still there and your picture doesn't reflect that. If it was gone I would be happy with onscreen buttons, but keeping the bezel and making the buttons on screen is a no go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast