HTC One 2 (M8)

Will you be buying the HTC One M8?

• Total voters

Zachary Fischer

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, so there are a lot of rumors flying around about the next HTC One, which apparently is codenamed the M8. So, here's what I know right now, and I'm hoping we can get a dialogue going to update info about it as it develops. The M8 will have a similar form factor, according to leaked photos, with that awesome aluminum body. They are probably doing away with capacative buttons to free up bezel/screen space, and lets be honest, the capacative buttons really aren't that great. The phone will have a fingerprint scanner as well, although apparently there is some confusion about that, due to the phone's second camera sensor. The phone's "brains" are rumored to be a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage and a 2900mAh battery. I REALLY hope they have the good sense to offer 16-64gb of storage intially, or at LEAST include a microsd card slot (in USA, thank you and have a nice day). The screen is rumored to measure in at 5-inches, offering a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080. The camera is said to be dual-flash, UltraPixel, and hopefully not tinged with purple! Launch software will be Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0. The phone won't be at World Congress, but it is slated for a March reveal. The price of the handset is rumored to be about what the original One cost, around $600, although honestly, I'd pay them a little more if they'd upgrade the brains a little, such as 3 gb of RAM, or MORE than 64gb of storage. Also, I'd like to see their "HTC TV" device be better implemented, so it can stream your phone's screen to your TV without stuttering, glitching, etc.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think we'll see an M8 with such a low storage option. The One had 32 GB, so it doesn't make sense for them to lower that. I also don't expect to see an SD card

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Zachary Fischer

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I wrote HTC comments, on their "Contact Us" page, on what I want to see in the M8, and I invite everyone out there to do the same! Let's make the HTC One the phone we've dreamed about!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am on track for the GS5, BUT if HTC can impress with the M8, with improvements over the M7, better camera, battery, microSD 32/64 onboard storage 5" -5.25" screen, etc I would consider it.

srparr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just want better battery life. There were a few nitpicks with the HTC One (buttons, blinkfeed) but I could have happily lived with those if the battery would have lasted an entire day. Having to charge every afternoon or not use the phone was a deal-breaker, and the otherwise awesome HTC One went back to the TMO store.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If the make it in the correct color BLACK (Anodized) I will probably buy one. If no black I will move on to something more suitable to my liking.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay this question has been going around for the last few weeks now and I really haven't been able to answer it. The last leaked photo's show an image of a phone that I just dont want. I'm not sure why Htc is insistent on having their logo on the front making the bezel just to intrusive. My last 5 phones have been Htc's and the last two, the Evo lte and my current One have been great.

The things i'd like to see Htc do better is battery life and camera. I really like my Ones camera but when compared to my daughters G2 or my buddy's Note 2 well the One is outclassed. Things i like about Htc are the wicked awesome screens, front speakers, build material, build quality, camera functions, screen size (if the bezel was taken out of the equation).

I really like Htc but this One is not for me. I will stick with my current One til something better comes along

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I will probably go to AT&T store or something and mess with it, but that's about it. I do think they are one of the better offering.

Right now I am on track for the GS5, BUT if HTC can impress with the M8, with improvements over the M7, better camera, battery, microSD 32/64 onboard storage 5" -5.25" screen, etc I would consider it.
It won't have external storage.