HTC One (M8): The Bezel

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One 2: The Bezel

Hey...if the big HTC logo on the big bezel means no room for Verizon's logo, I'LL PAY EXTRA for that! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that the front of my OG One is VzW-free!!!

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

I'm sure they'll find a way. LOL

Thank God Bell doesn't pull this nonsense.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At first, I hated that black bar. People have been complaining about it so much that I don't care about it being there anymore. Really, it's a non-issue. Pretty bored even talking about it now. lol

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

The black bar is about as useful as a nose on a phone.

Yes this one thing could and probably will keep me from getting it. I can't say for sure because there is a lot to like with HTC phones.

At this point I'll hold if till the G3 is released before I make any decisions

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107918&d=1394799353

I know the picture is a render and the HTC 2014 hasn't been released yet, but that is a lot of bezel. I feel like the One lose a good .4" to the S5 with the bezel and having on screen buttons. Maybe there is a finger print scanner built in he bezel. I hope the render is wrong.

The New One has a 5" screen.

The S5 has a 5.1" screen.

So you're loosing out on .1".

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

Will the S5 still have captive buttons? If that is true, won't the S5 even have a larger display since there are no on screen buttons taking up display space? I feel like a 5" display with on screen buttons only gives 4.7" of display when the on screen buttons are visible.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Will the S5 still have captive buttons? If that is true, won't the S5 even have a larger display since there are no on screen buttons taking up display space? I feel like a 5" display with on screen buttons only gives 4.7" of display when the on screen buttons are visible.

The buttons will be on either side on the home button. They don't show on the screen. And there is a whopping .1" on the S5 display from the S4.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I always say on-screen buttons take up .2" of the screen. So the M8 is essentially a 4.8" screen and the S5 a 5.1". The difference is .3" and probably won't matter to most. Keep in mind immersive mode in Kit Kat will hide those on-screen buttons for videos, games, etc.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

I always say on-screen buttons take up .2" of the screen. So the M8 is essentially a 4.8" screen and the S5 a 5.1". The difference is .3" and probably won't matter to most. Keep in mind immersive mode in Kit Kat will hide those on-screen buttons for videos, games, etc.

That's not bad at all. I prefer LCD so the New One will be great. I miss my M7 and can't wait for the M8.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Bezel

Won't this phone have that double tap to power on so no reaching for the top? I have small hands and may not like it being so tall will see. I've had all Evos and have the one now. I don't care what. it looks like going to be an awesome phone regardless and I'm still getting it. I use Bluetooth most of the time anyway so won't be holding it much for talking.

No where did I say that I'm excusing the n5 or sony Xperia z1 I'm not going to buy either. But with the added length because of the dual front speakers I was simply hoping they would get rid of that black bezel. And as I've said before I would be good if the power button were relocated to the side or software were installed to keep me from reaching to the top of the phone to hit the power button. No it very well may be that that area is needed to fit everything inside if the package and HTC may not have had the funds to buy their panels from say lg. I really don't know but all I know is this phone will be very tall and skinny and it didn't work out for the previous one with me.
Edit
And keep in mind the original HTC one is only a half in shorter than the note 3. So your telling me that HTC is going to increase the size of the display and keep the black bar their which for all I know only displays the HTC logo. I find that to be a poor design choice especially when you consider the power button is located on the top. Now the increase in hight from the speakers is justifiable but a useless bar to me isn't

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I personally do not see a big deal with it.
I think the leaks look great. I find it extremely petty to be outraged over a little bezel.

But people have their preferences. So to each their own...

Posted via Android Central App

The problem is that its not useful. In all honesty, they could have thrown the same 2 button design from the current HTC one and made the bezel much more appreciated. Look at the current htc one side by side with the leaked one. theres a good amount of waist-ed space for literately no other reason than that logo. Now if they had to use that space for the built in amplifier or something for lack of space, I can understand but.... give it the two buttons back.

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

The problem is that its not useful. In all honesty, they could have thrown the same 2 button design from the current HTC one and made the bezel much more appreciated. Look at the current htc one side by side with the leaked one. theres a good amount of waist-ed space for literately no other reason than that logo. Now if they had to use that space for the built in amplifier or something for lack of space, I can understand but.... give it the two buttons back.

If you don't like it then don't buy it. It's simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

If I was forced to choose between the two, I'd rather have a wasted bezel with on-screen buttons versus the button setup of the M7.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

the bezels + thickness make it a valid complaint. Every other manufacturer can stick a much larger battery in, in a smaller size why can't HTC? Like stick a 3000mah+ battery in so battery is no longer an issue if you are going to make a device that is that much larger than its competitors (lg g2, s5, etc)

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

the bezels + thickness make it a valid complaint. Every other manufacturer can stick a much larger battery in, in a smaller size why can't HTC? Like stick a 3000mah+ battery in so battery is no longer an issue if you are going to make a device that is that much larger than its competitors (lg g2, s5, etc)

Yep. Recent leaks show that this phone is taller and wider than the G2, with a smaller screen and rumor has it smaller battery (2600mah).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Shamrock

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm cool with the logo. I have absolutely no problem with it at all. I love the phone and can't wait to own it.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm cool with the logo. I have absolutely no problem with it at all. I love the phone and can't wait to own it.

I'll be cool with it if it comes with a comparable battery! Otherwise I'll stick with my high visibility red nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon