Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vamp464
  • 1 Post By coronaboy10
  • 1 Post By LindtChocolate
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): No hype?

Why is there not much hype surrounding this phone? Ever since I saw the leak renders from evleaks, I cant wait for the launch event, because I am pretty impressed with what HTC is doing aesthetically with this phone. Currently I have a N5 and I have had quite a few android devices in the last year (S4, N4, Moto x, etc) but the forums for all those devices, before release, were going crazy with user posts. Here however, there is not much movement. Why do you guys think this is? I must admit, I was sleeping on HTC on the original one because of my previous experiences with them (not that they were bad, its just I had a few HTC phones and I had gotten tired of the same old design. Seems like as of recent with their company facing hard times, they have really started innovating).
    So, why arent these forums popping with more excited users? lol

Default Re: No hype?

Well i think the M8 is going to be a great phone if its any improvement over the M7. The thing most seem to be concerned about (from what I'm reading) is the unnecessary girth of the bottom bezel. You have the speaker, htc logo, and the new format. Is a deal breaker? For some like myself yes, for others no.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Well i think the M8 is going to be a great phone if its any improvement over the M7. The thing most seem to be concerned about (from what I'm reading) is the unnecessary girth of the bottom bezel. You have the speaker, htc logo, and the new format. Is a deal breaker? For some like myself yes, for others no.
    Yeah, I'm curious as to why HTC is going that route. What's the point of the on-screen buttons if you're just going to waste space anyway, right?

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

def a deal breaker to me. If a firm is stupid enough to design and let out a firm that way, I dont trust them in being smart with updates etc.

Nothing wrong with owning a sleeper . They definitely don't have the advertising muscle of some of the bigs, but there is no question that they put out a premium product. I'm super excited to see what they do with the camera tech this time around. A lot of innovative ideas in a crowded market while keeping it classy.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,927 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: HTC One 2: No hype?

I think the anticipation will start to build closer to the official unveiling and more leaks become available to drive the discussion.

It looks to be a good phone and I would like to see what everyone thinks about it when it hits the market.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

And seeing the same photoshopped images of it is getting really old. I understand we cant see it powered because of the Sense 6.0 reveal, but we should at least be able to see the actual device with a good image of it and not some blurry mockup. The more I read about it the more I seem to want to know. And I tell myself I dont need this new device, I'm content with what I have. But then I see another image of it. Or another article and I have to read it to see if there is anything new in there. My anticipation is growing daily and if they have ANY issues getting this baby out, I'll be one disappointed individual. I will more than likely try to talk someone I know into getting it if I dont. :P
    Mac58 likes this.

Like BlackBerry, hTc still haven't figured out how Marketing works.

When I had the One, a lot of my family and friends had no idea what it was.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." - MacKenzie (HBO, The NEWSROOM)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Like BlackBerry, hTc still haven't figured out how Marketing works.

When I had the One, a lot of my family and friends had no idea what it was.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." - MacKenzie (HBO, The NEWSROOM)
    It doesn't help that the leaks have been more of a deluge. We didn't know for sure what the S5 would even look like until it was announced, yet with the M8 we are pretty much positive about what it looks like, with the gimmicky dual camera being the only thing we aren't sure about in terms if function.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

I see a lot of hype with the "Samsung sucks" crowd.

But the general population? They probably don't care. They know Galaxy. They know iPhone. ..and that's usually it.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstMach View Post
    with the gimmicky dual camera being
    I would be careful using that word "gimmicky." I wouldn't exactly consider a new camera module, especially one not seen on phones yet, as gimmicky. I consider Samsung's dodgy software gimmicky because it is things that seem cool when you say it, but barely have functionality. We don't know about the functionality of it yet, but it is a solid piece of technology inside the phone that will likely trump their ultrapixel gimmick, so we shouldn't cast judgement until it has consumer reviews on it.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    I would be careful using that word "gimmicky." I wouldn't exactly consider a new camera module, especially one not seen on phones yet, as gimmicky. I consider Samsung's dodgy software gimmicky because it is things that seem cool when you say it, but barely have functionality. We don't know about the functionality of it yet, but it is a solid piece of technology inside the phone that will likely trump their ultrapixel gimmick, so we shouldn't cast judgement until it has consumer reviews on it.
    Granted, but I was just referring to it in the general form that Ive seen it referred to as on the forums.

Posted via Android Central App