Galaxy S5 or HTC One (M8) - Which are you more likely to buy?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, we know what Samsung has brought to the table with the Galaxy S5 and we'll know on March 25th what HTC is going to offer in the M8. With that, who is waiting to see what HTC announces before making a decision between the S5 or M8? If these don't stack up what other devices are you looking to purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 or M8 - Which are you more likely to buy?

Well, we know what Samsung has brought to the table with the Galaxy S5 and we'll know on March 25th what HTC is going to offer in the M8. With that, who is waiting to see what HTC announces before making a decision between the S5 or M8? If these don't stack up what other devices are you looking to purchase?

Well being that the Samsung S5 is the same piece of 5h1t as the S4, I can't really see anyone with any true knowledge of smartphones choosing it over the M8. That being said, they'll still sell millions to unintelligent buyers on the shoulders of Samsung's marketing budget.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Given those two choices I'd be more likely to choose the M8.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

fergout

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

That's the thing. People just don't have a clue apart from the few tech heads. I'm just happy I managed to convert one friend who tried my htc one and bought one instead of the s4. His brother got the s4 and is jealous every time we use our phones in front of him. He says it just has loads of gimmicks he doesn't use. For me the speakers are a massage selling point. I'm an estate agent and watch sky go in my car waiting for people to turn up. I also play darts in my garage with friends round having a beer and play music through YouTube or whatever and sounds really good. I will be upgrading to m8 soon as is released.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm coming from a line of Htc phones Hero, Diamond, OG Evo, Evo lte, and now my One. The thing I've always loved about Htc is the lcd screen. I love the bright display and most always run at 100% brightness. The oled screen's feel like they have cartoon colors to my eyes, very over saturated, exaggerated colors. For this reason alone i've always leaned towards lcd displays.

Now with the release of the One last year we received 2 front facing speakers with amazing sound. That and the One is the smoothest running phone i've ever owned. So if i were given the choice between the 2 i would choose the M8, but will I....

There is another phone coming that has peaked my interest. Even if i do buy the M8 i wont do so until i see the G3. The Optimus caught my eye and the G2 even more so. For this i'll wait till the G3 is released before i make any real decision

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Well being that the Samsung S5 is the same piece of 5h1t as the S4, I can't really see anyone with any true knowledge of smartphones choosing it over the M8. That being said, they'll still sell millions to unintelligent buyers on the shoulders of Samsung's marketing budget.

OK I'll bite, how exactly is the S4 a POS? Do you have durability stats to support your claim? Of course not. Exactly where did you acquire this "true knowledge" of smartphones and where has it been shown that those with such "true knowledge" by HTC Ones? Seems to me to be a matter of personal preference with each phone having its own pluses and minuses but I guess I'm wrong based on this "true knowledge".

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to admit this is the first Samsung phone ever that has caught my eye. I like the design and the additions they came with this year

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I have to admit this is the first Samsung phone ever that has caught my eye. I like the design and the additions they came with this year

"Different strokes" really does apply here.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to have two Ones!

Posted via My Smartphone of the Year HTC One GPe

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm blessed, I'll probably have both to go with my N5

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

OK I'll bite, how exactly is the S4 a POS? Do you have durability stats to support your claim? Of course not. Exactly where did you acquire this "true knowledge" of smartphones and where has it been shown that those with such "true knowledge" by HTC Ones? Seems to me to be a matter of personal preference with each phone having its own pluses and minuses but I guess I'm wrong based on this "true knowledge".

Plastic crap with an awful OS that takes up more than half of it's internal storage (16GB addition). Throw in their bloatware applications that reminds me of what carriers do and the phone is nothing short of a POS. If it looks like one. And it behaves like one. It is one.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Plastic crap with an awful OS that takes up more than half of it's internal storage (16GB addition). Throw in their bloatware applications that reminds me of what carriers do and the phone is nothing short of a POS. If it looks like one. And it behaves like one. It is one.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But that doesn't give you "true knowledge" and everyone else an ***** for liking the S4.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But that doesn't give you "true knowledge" and everyone else an ***** for liking the S4.

It's not really an opinion that the device is made out of slimy plastic while competing devices like the HTC One & iPhone are made out of aluminum and glass. It's also not an opinion that the OS takes up more than 8 GB of storage. It's also not opinion that Samsung services such as S-Voice are complete bloatware that are far inferior to built in services like Google Now. In fact, I didn't state any opinion at all. I called it a POS and backed it up with facts.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S5 or M8 - Which are you more likely to buy?

It's not really an opinion that the device is made out of slimy plastic while competing devices like the HTC One & iPhone are made out of aluminum and glass. It's also not an opinion that the OS takes up more than 8 GB of storage. It's also not opinion that Samsung services such as S-Voice are complete bloatware that are far inferior to built in services like Google Now. In fact, I didn't state any opinion at all. I called it a POS and backed it up with facts.

While, for the most part, I agree with your opinion it is, in fact, an opinion that the plastic is slimy and that S-voice is bloatware and that overall the phone is a POS. You know all of this clearly but wanted to have it pointed out just as clearly so I'm doing so.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Your snobbery amounts to lunatic proportions. Your post, like this one, contributes nothing to an intelligent discussion. Anyone who has an opinion different from your own is automatically unintelligent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Your snobbery amount to lunatic proportions. Your post, like this one, contributes nothing to an intelligent discussion. Anyone who has an opinion different from your own is automatically unintelligent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Give the guy a break, we were all teenagers, like him, once.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The S4 has 9.7 GB available out of the box, not less than 8. While 6.3 is still a lot for the OS to take up, it's not more than the half that you claimed. Preferring aluminum over plastic is subjective, so yes, it is an opinion that the One is better than the S4.
I do agree that TouchWiz isn't very good, but I wouldn't say it's a POS either.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Probably the M8. I don't like that the base version is just 16 gb for the S5 especially with the TouchWiz bloat taking up so much. I'll wait to see how the camera and battery life reviews for both. Will also be interested to see if a Prime version of the S5 surfaces.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish