HTC One (M8) ("The All New One") seen in 'leaked' video

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
re: HTC M8 ("The All New One" seen in 'leaked' video)

LMAO daaamn

Lol good screw that kid it will teach him a lesson there's a lot of money riding on this phone for HTC and this spoiled kid showed their brand new phone first lol

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Well technically the phone was leaked a while ago.

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

it looks really nice, close to the leaked pictures, and i bet!, htc is like Holy Techno Chiz, how do they keep posting more vids

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

lol what is Jeff going to do? Sue a child? Most he can do is fire the parent. Maybe sue the parent?
Fired is reasonable. If they have to sue them then I will not want to support HTC, they're already not doing great in sales, they don't need to act like Apple.

Last edited:

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Of course whoever took the phone must have signed an NDA. If so then I'm sure HTC would every legal right and ability to follow through with it. Doesn't mean they will... or should... but that's their decision.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I imagine so. This really hasn't given a whole lot away though. Mainly the look (which was already leaked) and that it's got a MicroSD slot (also "leaked" by Shen Ye, along with it having nano SIM).

The rest was "Hey, the camera is cool! 8.7/10". Still none the wiser as to the feature the second camera lens enables.

He also showed Beats on there. So maybe there will be some streaming music deal included that no one wanted out yet. And I am sure that HTC would like SOMETHING to show people that they haven't seen before else why bother having an event?!! But that's what happens when you wait too long to show your product. Could have showed it at Barcelona if they had stepped it up a little!

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I will be switching from S4 to the HTC M8, so happy that they included a Micro SD slot, that the only reason why I never bought the HTC One.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 ("The All New One" seen in 'leaked' video)

OR MAYBE.....just maybe.......HTC was behind this video leak.

Like this, and the kid is getting in trouble over it. I highly doubt HTC was behind it. More than likely he got it from his Dad who works for HTC and made a video about it and forgot to cover up the IMEI number so HTC can track and terminate the employee.

vamp464

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

SD slot!!

Bezel be damned, that won me over. A phone with kickass speakers needs an SD slot.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Like this, and the kid is getting in trouble over it. I highly doubt HTC was behind it. More than likely he got it from his Dad who works for HTC and made a video about it and forgot to cover up the IMEI number so HTC can track and terminate the employee.

This reminds me of the girl who blew an $80,000 settlement for her parents because she bragged about it on Facebook when they were under an NDA/gag order from the court. Mamas don't let your kids handle unreleased info...

That said, if it has a nice battery and isn't atrociously expensive off-contract, I'll definitely take a hard look at this phone.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

For a while I was pissed about the bezel. Now I've decided if that allows a bigger battery (or they at least sell me that it did), I'm totally okay with it. SD card is big, too. S5 has fingerprint unlock which is big for me with needing a passcode for work, and multi window which I would use a lot...

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Bezel looks to allow for better thumb access lol. i like it.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 ("The All New One") seen in 'leaked' video

I understand why HTC would be mad, but at the same time, this isn't the first leak. We already knew what to expect and what the device looked like before the video. If anything, HTC should look at it as free publicity. No one knew it had an SD card slot and now the nerds that love that sorta thing will consider it. The majority of buyers don't care, but hey. I'm more excited for it than before. Just wish it was a tad shorter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I understand why HTC would be mad, but at the same time, this isn't the first leak. We already knew what to expect and what the device looked like before the video. If anything, HTC should look at it as free publicity. No one knew it had an SD card slot and now the nerds that love that sorta thing will consider it. The majority of buyers don't care, but hey. I'm more excited for it than before. Just wish it was a tad shorter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Huge pops of information, like the ones that were scheduled to be shown off at the event, are what hype up the phone. This leak only takes away from the hype and excitement, the speculation of it all. The leaks before this video weren't concrete, but obviously this phone is the real deal and it has totally ruined some surprise factors from the phone and killed off hype. By the time the 25th comes around the event for the phone will just be a snoozefest.

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site

i noticed the battery only dropped 1% for most of the video maybe the first 10 mins or so. Then dropped 2% after the camera crashed or whatever.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Looks like the S5 has already been sold to you.
But I'm not a big TouchWiz fan overall and front facing speakers are important to me since I watch a lot of YouTube when I'm bored and don't like to throw on the headphones.