Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree88Likes

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Default Re: What about the HTC One (M8) DON'T you like?

This is a good phone overall. Excellent performance, I've always been a fan of Sense since the old Windows Mobile days and I love the form factor. However, I'm on the fence with the camera as it is unreliable on outdoor shots and that is pretty much the deal breaker here. Will most likely return this and stick with the Xperia Z2.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Thought i would experiment, so i took the phone out of the case. I must say, it's nowhere near as slippery as it is with the case on. When i first got the phone i put it in its case within like, five minutes. Now having handled it in its naked glory for 30 some minutes i have changed my tune. I have a new found love for this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    This is a good phone overall. Excellent performance, I've always been a fan of Sense since the old Windows Mobile days and I love the form factor. However, I'm on the fence with the camera as it is unreliable on outdoor shots and that is pretty much the deal breaker here. Will most likely return this and stick with the Xperia Z2.
    Try HDR for bright outdoor shots, it works very well. You can also adjust the settings for different situations and save them as a preset, very handy if you ask me

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: What about the M8 DON'T you like?

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    A possible explanation for this is that the One has a higher return rate and sales people are aware of this and direct people towards more reliable devices. There were articles awhile back on this topic. From my own experience, two of my three ones have defective camera modules which correlates with the many camera complaint threads.
    Earlier post said 1 of 3, now you say 2 of 3? What is the truth?

1.Less no of pixels on rear camera.
    2. Small screen (with onscreen
    button)
    3.too heavy - big device for a 5inch screen.
    4.Sense feels boring sometimes (vs touchwiz)
    5.Not the best display on the market - Z2 and S5 have better displays

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Default Re: What about the M8 DON'T you like?

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    Earlier post said 1 of 3, now you say 2 of 3? What is the truth?
    You saw that to. I was going to say something but just let it go.

I'm not a fan of my loose volume rocker that makes a clicky sound whenever it's touched... Apart from that the phone is awesome.

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I am perfectly happy with my M8, but I wish it had more megapixels on the camera just to shut up all the nay sayers.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I've only owned the M8 a day after I returned the S5, but so far my gripe is the power button. I do wish it was on the right side. Or they could have moved the volume rocker to the left side at least. I seem to press the volume rocker when reaching for the power button.

Also the lack of accessories. Not the biggest issue, but HTC never gets any love with accessories. iPhone and Galaxy always get a ton.

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I hardly ever use the power button, I just use an app to power off the screen without having to reach for the power button.

I was going to post a pic of my screenshot, but I guess I can't on mobile app. I have no room for notifications on status bar. Have phone on silence, connected to wifi, alarm on, headphones plugged in and there's only room now for 2 notifications up there. Lame. This may be the final straw to root and Rom. Didn't think I would need to. Our use exposed only with root. Anyone accomplish this?

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

You should be able to post a screenshot using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I think there is a screen off app that uses an icon instead of the notification bar

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    I hardly ever use the power button, I just use an app to power off the screen without having to reach for the power button.

Which app are you using?

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I'm using EZ Screen Off. It puts a button in the notification bar and you can just flip the screen down to turn the screen off

Zomb!e likes this.

My biggest gripe is music skips periodically when I am listening through the headphones. Working out last night it skipped about 8-10 times in 1.5 hours. I tried disabling everything thinking it was related to Bluetooth/wifi/mobile data but nothing stopped this from occurring. It's so random also as it can go for half an hour and not happen and then happen two or three times on one song.

I am going to try copying my music to internal storage and see if the SD card is the issue.

I've seen screen shots of app drawers on HTC one m8 in circular form instead of the boring square stock edition. How can I get my app layout in that form? Also change the clock layout on top of the BlinkFeed screen. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

Being that you mentioned the SD cars, anyway I can download from utorrent or any other torrent right onto the SD card? I also tried moving my apps from the phone to SD but I still see them on my phone's storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pimentel View Post
    I've seen screen shots of app drawers on HTC one m8 in circular form instead of the boring square stock edition. How can I get my app layout in that form? Also change the clock layout on top of the BlinkFeed screen. Can someone please help me. Thanks.

Frank jump over here to get those questions answered.
    Share your HTC One (M8) screenshots and setup!

Too many glitches. I'm on my third phone in less than a year with the M8 HTC Harman Kardon version. The Google voice command search is putting a plus in front of all the numbers I'm trying to dial. Then an automated message tells me the number I dialed is incorrect please dial again and check the number - over and over again. I have seen several complaints but no solutions to date. Any ideas?

This is a software gripe but I wish HTC updated the OS more often. They did do this with KitKat, remember I initially had 4.4.2 then they updated to 4.4.4... With lollipop they only had one version release and like the same with Marshmallow, only one version...The reason I am saying this is because the version I have has some bugs and it obviously needs an update to address it...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678