Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any speculation on the HTC One (M8) phone signal? Hopefully better than M7

So i have a buddy here at work who has an HTC One and he says that for some reason it doesn't get as good phone signal as other phones. Him and his girlfriend are on the same network her with a S3 i believe and him with an HTC One and his apparently always has less bars.

Is this because of the all metal body? I'm really looking into getting this as my next phone and hearing that it has some signal strength issues would kinda be a bummer.

However i'm hoping that because HTC has now had a year they would be able to come up with a better antenna behind that all metal body to get a better signal.
    I don't know if there even is a signal problem or if it is the metal body causing it, i grabbed an S4 last year so i didn't pay much attention to the HTC One.

If anyone has some insight that would be great! I think the leaked design looks like they've made improvements on it (button wise mainly) and i'm planning on following the release of the M8 as much as i can and get in on that pre-order this year.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-28-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

Default Re: Any speculation on the M8 phone signal? Hopefully better than M7

I have AT&T and the HTC One I had was good. I have used a number of devices in the last year and here is how I would rank them for signal strength with LTE. Moto X, Blackberry Z10, IPhone 5/5s stayed on 2 bars of LTE 99% of the time. The HTC One was almost as good but I would rate that at 95% of the time I had 2 bars of LTE, but the One would be the first to lose an LTE signal. Samsung S4 only one bar and a few db lower but more fluctuation. LG G2, and Nexus 5 were all over the place. The Samsung Note 3 I used was horrible. It would go down to edge and even GSM.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any speculation on the M8 phone signal? Hopefully better than M7

Quote Originally Posted by giper54 View Post
    I have AT&T and the HTC One I had was good. I have used a number of devices in the last year and here is how I would rank them for signal strength with LTE. Moto X, Blackberry Z10, IPhone 5/5s stayed on 2 bars of LTE 99% of the time. The HTC One was almost as good but I would rate that at 95% of the time I had 2 bars of LTE, but the One would be the first to lose an LTE signal. Samsung S4 only one bar and a few db lower but more fluctuation. LG G2, and Nexus 5 were all over the place. The Samsung Note 3 I used was horrible. It would go down to edge and even GSM.
    Well i guess thats good news then because i have the S4 so any signal better than what i have is always good.

Thanks for all the information! VERY helpful!

Also on the most recent leaked pictures that they posted here on the front page it showed this black bar along the top of the phone. Wonder if that has anything to do with helping signal.