Official Press Image of the HTC One (M8)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
from mobile syrup

telus-htc-one-new-mobilesyrup.png

OMG. It's ugly.

Samsung & hTc may have done Sony a favour with their Z2.

Last edited by a moderator:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
re: Official Press Image of the HTC One 2 (M8)

To each his own, but I dig the build quality. Everyone complains about the bezel.....whoopty doo....it's the insides that count.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
re: Official Press Image of the HTC One 2 (M8)

The Z2 looks exactly the same as a Z1. The HTC One looks almost the same as this.
So by that logic, you must have though the Z1 looked better than the One.
What a whacked out opinion you have.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official Press Image of the HTC One 2 (M8)

To each his own, but I dig the build quality. Everyone complains about the bezel.....whoopty doo....it's the insides that count.

I think it looks good, but I do kind of get the gripes about the bezel. With on-screen buttons I feel like they could have made the bottom bezel smaller. Maybe they needed the room for other internal components, though, but that doesn't change my opinion. Actually, smaller bezels all around would be great, but oh well. We'll just have to wait to see what it looks like when it's announced.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Maybe they needed the room for other internal components, though, but that doesn't change my opinion.

I don't get this argument, how thick do you think the screen or capacitive buttons are? If they needed the extra room, they could have easily kept the capacitive buttons or even made the screen slightly larger, but instead opted to have their logo there. Unless it has a finger print sensor that bezel serves no purpose and is just wasted space.

That being said, it's still the nicest android phone by far and the only one that gives the iPhone a run for its money in the design department.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I don't get this argument, how thick do you think the screen or capacitive buttons are? If they needed the extra room, they could have easily kept the capacitive buttons or even made the screen slightly larger, but instead opted to have their logo there. Unless it has a finger print sensor that bezel serves no purpose and is just wasted space.

That being said, it's still the nicest android phone by far and the only one that gives the iPhone a run for its money in the design department.

I happen to know how thick screens are for devices. I've seen them outside of devices. Without being involved in the engineering of the device we have no idea what they needed space for, or what constraints were placed on board layout based on decisions that were made about what to include and/or prioritize for the device.

My guess is they said "we want the outside to look like this" and made engineering work within those constraints.

All that being said, I do wish they would have made that bottom bezel smaller. It's the least attractive part of the phone IMO.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

The bezel is somewhat large but I can live with that as well. It has to have SD 64 gb 128 gb would be better. It has to have 32 gb on board and 64 would be better there as well. I could even accept a non removable battery if I had to do so. I never owned this brand before so I have question about signal...is it on par/better than what everyone says about signal reception on a motorola? I live in a somewhat rural area and many times signal is somewhat hard to come by. I remember an old Motorola flip phone (815) I had back when which would work almost anyplace but I then got the Motorola razr flip phone thinking it would be the same and very quickly decided I was wrong. The Motorola razr flip phone was the absolute worst phone I ever owned. When Motorola came out a while back with the razr and razr maxx I stayed completely clear of them. I purchased a Samsung Nexus but took that back within the week, very bad signal plus horrible battery life. I then went for the S3 which I did not have any issue with and now I have S4 which I am very happy with now. I have been thinking of the HTC One max but I just don't know about signal. I have also been thinking of waiting for this phone here as well.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site

So ugly? It looks basically the same as now. Hmm...I'm not attacking you, but were you paid by the other companies? I mean, come on! Otherwise , to each his/her own..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

The bezel is definitely a downside, but this is still the best looking Android phone by a mile.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The bezel is definitely a downside, but this is still the best looking Android phone by a mile.

I strongly disagree. The M7 was a great looking phone, but this is hideous.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The Z2 looks exactly the same as a Z1. The HTC One looks almost the same as this.
So by that logic, you must have though the Z1 looked better than the One.
What a whacked out opinion you have.

The M8 is hideous in comparison to the M7 :-\

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

I really like the design of the new HTC Desire 816. That would have been a nice evolution for the design with top end 2014 specs. Less bezel would be nice especially since HTC is reported to be using on screen buttons for their 2014 HTC One flag ship.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Personally I think HTC just doesn't do a good job with renders. The leaked images that looked legit looked way way better than the renders. The renders of the original One were the same way.

ಠ益ಠ

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thick black bezel all around the screen, even thicker on the bottom. Not familiar enough with the M7 to notice any other differences, but this doesn't wow me like that one did.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I personally like the look of it. I really don't care what everyone is saying about the bezel. The phone looks sweet to me. I'm seriously looking at this, the LG G3, LG G Pro 2, or the Moto X 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance