Reddit thread states the M8 has always on listening like the Moto X.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Reddit isn't the most credible source. Lots of users doing it only for the karma, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
My thoughts? It's not true

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
"EDIT 1: Our rep didn't provide us with any internal specs, other than that the main camera is still a 4 ultra pixel. The phone didn't have any slowdown and felt fast while I was using it"
Boo.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Dang. That will be a deal killer for me. No excuse for the same measly 4 "ultra" pixels. Not acceptable in my book. If true, would suck, as this is shaping up to be a killer phone.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing official, and I hope its not the case. Just seen a couple mentions now that the camera will remain at 4 ultra pixels. Not acceptable IMO. Hope that rumor is false.
I'm fine w/ 4MP. It's a smaller file. But they really, REALLY, REALLY need to fix the over-processing the software was doing. That and the heat shield issue are my only two gripes. I know it isn't 13MP, but if they can clean up the 4MPs they have it could be great.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine w/ 4MP. It's a smaller file. But they really, REALLY, REALLY need to fix the over-processing the software was doing. That and the heat shield issue are my only two gripes. I know it isn't 13MP, but if they can clean up the 4MPs they have it could be great.

I don't need 13, but at least give me 8.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll take a good 4MP photo over a poor 8MP photo any day.

The competition usually has great 8MP cameras. iPhone 5S, Nexus 5, GS3 all have great cameras. Probably better than the One in most situations
Hopefully they improve the sensor noticeably this time around

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope this person isn't confusing Google Now's "listening" feature with Motorola's Touchless Control.

The way the Reddit post explains it, it sounds exactly like Motorola's Touchless Control. It was asked several times if the poster meant the screen was off and he said yes.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The way the Reddit post explains it, it sounds exactly like Motorola's Touchless Control. It was asked several times if the poster meant the screen was off and he said yes.

Reddit users lie a lot :p

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Higher MP count doesn't automatically make for a better photo.

Which flagship cameras out there take "bad" photos? The One camera is average, 4 MP this generation is almost laughable

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Which flagship cameras out there take "bad" photos? The One camera is average, 4 MP this generation is almost laughable

The Moto X takes decent pictures at best, and that has 10MP. The One didn't take the best pictures, but they were pretty good.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Are you saying the HTC One takes "bad" photos?

On average, it doesn't. It's quite good, in fact. Not the best. But they're good. It doesn't matter if they're only 4MP - unless you judge on specs alone.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying the HTC One takes "bad" photos?

On average, it doesn't. It's quite good, in fact. Not the best. But they're good. It doesn't matter if they're only 4MP - unless you judge on specs alone.

You said that you would rather have a good 4 MP than a bad 8 MP. What higher megapixel shooter that is a "flagship" phone takes "bad" pictures for comparison? In a vacuum your statement sounds great. Until you realize that the competition takes better photos outside of possibly the Moto X, and were are talking last generation!

I did not say the One takes "bad" photos. I think the camera is however average, and if the quality and MP count is the same on this generation as the previous it borders on embarrassing. That to me will be a shame because otherwise it seems like a dynamite choice.

Also the "specs" do matter when you try to look at the photos on something other than a phone screen. Even a picture that looks great on the phone looks poor and pixelated/fuzzy when viewed on a larger screen. It's quite disappointing.

Hope I'm wrong about the camera.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
My photos look great on screen too, so no problem there.
Yes, there can be better cameras, but for most people's use the One camera was just fine.
The problem was the purple tint, nothing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid