Not open for further replies.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not too bad, not as good as I hoped though
Think, I'll be sticking with getting the S5
What yall think??

The screen will indeed be a 5" 1080p unit. The processor is quoted to be a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, while the battery capacity will be 2,600 mAh. The SIM is said to be of the nano variety (like on the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, Moto X, etc.) and there will be a microSD card slot to compliment the preloaded 16 GB of storage (10GB of which will b e user available).

There's no world on the camera resolution but the rest of the specs appear the same as last year's model - 1/3.0" size, f/2.0 aperture, 2?m pixel size, etc. suggesting the resolution could again be 4 MP. According to the guide the video capture is still 1080p and not 4K. There will also be a rapid improvement in the front-facing camera which will now pack 5MP sensor.

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.30 PM.png

gsmarena_101.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
HTC should offer it in brown since its really a TURD. I was actually considering this phone until I saw the 16GB (10GB) usable space, I was hoping they were going to stick with the 32GB/64GB plus microSD. You cannot tell me adding a microSD caused them to reduce the storage and added too much expense. Missed the boat and please stop with the its the best phone of 2014 because its aluminum posts. Its NOT the best phone of 2014 and no phone is until 2014 is over and we see exactly what has been shipped, then we can vote. But the GS5 is the best phone of 2014 so far.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What yall think??

The screen will indeed be a 5" 1080p unit. The processor is quoted to be a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, while the battery capacity will be 2,600 mAh. The SIM is said to be of the nano variety (like on the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, Moto X, etc.) and there will be a microSD card slot to compliment the preloaded 16 GB of storage (10GB of which will b e user available).

There's no world on the camera resolution but the rest of the specs appear the same as last year's model - 1/3.0" size, f/2.0 aperture, 2?m pixel size, etc. suggesting the resolution could again be 4 MP. According to the guide the video capture is still 1080p and not 4K. There will also be a rapid improvement in the front-facing camera which will now pack 5MP sensor.

View attachment 107644

View attachment 107645

View attachment 107643

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think you were already going to go with the S5. :p

HTC should offer it in brown since its really a TURD. I was actually considering this phone until I saw the 16GB (10GB) usable space, I was hoping they were going to stick with the 32GB/64GB plus microSD. You cannot tell me adding a microSD caused them to reduce the storage and added too much expense. Missed the boat and please stop with the its the best phone of 2014 because its aluminum posts. Its NOT the best phone of 2014 and no phone is until 2014 is over and we see exactly what has been shipped, then we can vote. But the GS5 is the best phone of 2014 so far.

So, you say you can't decide on the best phone of 2014 until the year is over, but you can say the S5 is better than this when this hasn't even been announced?

I would like to know how having the same storage option as the S5 automatically makes it worse.

Like I've been saying, I am eyeing three phones right now. The S5, M8, and Z2. I'll withhold my decision until all three have been released and looked at by normal people. (or, knowing me, I'll just go get something on launch day and then exchange it if it sucks :p )

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the front-facing camera an Ultrapixel camera?

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

MicroSD is making a comeback! lol.

D

Deleted member 1050820

There is definitely a 32GB version, not too sure about 64GB.

Check out the 1min leaked video from a couple days back.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

You are really jumping the gun here. The guy who showed it briefly on YouTube (the short video) had a T-Mobile M8 and he pointed out it featured 32 GB internal storage. My guess is that all North American carriers will at least have the 32 GB model.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You are really jumping the gun here. The guy who showed it briefly on YouTube (the short video) had a T-Mobile M8 and he pointed out it featured 32 GB internal storage. My guess is that all North American carriers will at least have the 32 GB model.

I still think there will be carriers that will have exclusivity on the 32GB models.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I still think there will be carriers that will have exclusivity on the 32GB models.

That word is my Kryptonite, lol.

I really hope there is no 16GB version. I'm SO TIRED of seeing 16GB devices. I understand that there is a micro SD card slot. However, for HTC to go from offering a 32GB version standard to 16GB does seem like a step backwards. Now, does that make it "worse" than the S5? No. But, it could prove to be a crutch to those that value the onboard storage, if there is no 32GB version (or higher) available (and NOT an exclusive, lol).

- - - Updated - - -

The 2600 mah battery is what scares me.

Why? That's a decent size. It's not massive. But, it should definitely make it through the day.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Why? That's a decent size. It's not massive. But, it should definitely make it through the day.

Not the way I use a phone my droid razr maxx HD lasts me maybe 10 hrs with my use as I use hotspot to run my tablet and still Facebook and browse many forums with tapatalk as well with a few hundred text in my work shift. So it's vital for me to have a phone that will go at least as long as my current phone.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What yall think??

View attachment 107644

View attachment 107645

View attachment 107643
Here is a Quote from S5 launch review, HTC is still doing better at 10GB free...
"At the Samsung Galaxy S5 event we discovered only 8GB of storage is available to users that buy the 16GB Galaxy S5. This is similar to the Galaxy S4 which offered user access to about 9GB of storage space in 2013."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

S5 has only 8GB usable space (One hasn't launched yet but 10gb is still superior ) with crappy build quality, terrible TouchWiz.... It's the best phone built by Samsung may be? Xperia killed it let alone HTC which clearly seems superior

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kenny1743

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
A big let down from HTC .... If they kep the huge bezel i though it was for a purpose of a bigger battery and sensor.... but nothing interesting ... LG G3 will probably is my next one ^^

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow talk about gadget spam! Just as Sammy is deemphasizing gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks HTC pulls a 2013 and loads up on gimmicks. Nonetheless that brushed aluminum sure looks sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm