Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List

Not too bad, not as good as I hoped though
    Think, I'll be sticking with getting the S5
    What yall think??

The screen will indeed be a 5" 1080p unit. The processor is quoted to be a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, while the battery capacity will be 2,600 mAh. The SIM is said to be of the nano variety (like on the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, Moto X, etc.) and there will be a microSD card slot to compliment the preloaded 16 GB of storage (10GB of which will b e user available).

There's no world on the camera resolution but the rest of the specs appear the same as last year's model - 1/3.0" size, f/2.0 aperture, 2m pixel size, etc. suggesting the resolution could again be 4 MP. According to the guide the video capture is still 1080p and not 4K. There will also be a rapid improvement in the front-facing camera which will now pack 5MP sensor.

HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List-screen-shot-2014-03-11-8.01.12-pm.png

HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List-screen-shot-2014-03-11-8.01.30-pm.png

HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List-gsmarena_101.jpg
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -
    MERCDROID, Bkmike23 and ErnstMach like this.

Default Re: HTC One M8 (pretty much) Full Spec List

5 in the front 4 in the back? That's weird.

Well at least the front facing camera looks to decimate any and all competition.

HTC should offer it in brown since its really a TURD. I was actually considering this phone until I saw the 16GB (10GB) usable space, I was hoping they were going to stick with the 32GB/64GB plus microSD. You cannot tell me adding a microSD caused them to reduce the storage and added too much expense. Missed the boat and please stop with the its the best phone of 2014 because its aluminum posts. Its NOT the best phone of 2014 and no phone is until 2014 is over and we see exactly what has been shipped, then we can vote. But the GS5 is the best phone of 2014 so far.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    What yall think??

The screen will indeed be a 5" 1080p unit. The processor is quoted to be a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801, while the battery capacity will be 2,600 mAh. The SIM is said to be of the nano variety (like on the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, Moto X, etc.) and there will be a microSD card slot to compliment the preloaded 16 GB of storage (10GB of which will b e user available).

There's no world on the camera resolution but the rest of the specs appear the same as last year's model - 1/3.0" size, f/2.0 aperture, 2m pixel size, etc. suggesting the resolution could again be 4 MP. According to the guide the video capture is still 1080p and not 4K. There will also be a rapid improvement in the front-facing camera which will now pack 5MP sensor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.12 PM.png 
Views:	763 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	107644

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.30 PM.png 
Views:	766 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	107645

Name:	gsmarena_101.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	107643
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't think you were already going to go with the S5. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    HTC should offer it in brown since its really a TURD. I was actually considering this phone until I saw the 16GB (10GB) usable space, I was hoping they were going to stick with the 32GB/64GB plus microSD. You cannot tell me adding a microSD caused them to reduce the storage and added too much expense. Missed the boat and please stop with the its the best phone of 2014 because its aluminum posts. Its NOT the best phone of 2014 and no phone is until 2014 is over and we see exactly what has been shipped, then we can vote. But the GS5 is the best phone of 2014 so far.
    So, you say you can't decide on the best phone of 2014 until the year is over, but you can say the S5 is better than this when this hasn't even been announced?

I would like to know how having the same storage option as the S5 automatically makes it worse.

Like I've been saying, I am eyeing three phones right now. The S5, M8, and Z2. I'll withhold my decision until all three have been released and looked at by normal people. (or, knowing me, I'll just go get something on launch day and then exchange it if it sucks :P )
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:

Jeez, they might as well cancel the announcement, we know everything about it already.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't think you were already going to go with the S5. :P
    Lol yeah ur right, but I was actually interested in seeing what the new HTC One M8 was going to be...Im still interested in seeing what they do with their improved picture quality
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

Is the front-facing camera an Ultrapixel camera?

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

MicroSD is making a comeback! lol.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

TenshiNo and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

There is definitely a 32GB version, not too sure about 64GB.

Check out the 1min leaked video from a couple days back.

You can always achieve your goal by lowering your expectations.

You are really jumping the gun here. The guy who showed it briefly on YouTube (the short video) had a T-Mobile M8 and he pointed out it featured 32 GB internal storage. My guess is that all North American carriers will at least have the 32 GB model.
    Moto X. (After 5 years w/an iPhone.)
    Banned

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

The 2600 mah battery is what scares me.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,098 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blair.harrington View Post
    You are really jumping the gun here. The guy who showed it briefly on YouTube (the short video) had a T-Mobile M8 and he pointed out it featured 32 GB internal storage. My guess is that all North American carriers will at least have the 32 GB model.
    I still think there will be carriers that will have exclusivity on the 32GB models.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I still think there will be carriers that will have exclusivity on the 32GB models.

That word is my Kryptonite, lol.

I really hope there is no 16GB version. I'm SO TIRED of seeing 16GB devices. I understand that there is a micro SD card slot. However, for HTC to go from offering a 32GB version standard to 16GB does seem like a step backwards. Now, does that make it "worse" than the S5? No. But, it could prove to be a crutch to those that value the onboard storage, if there is no 32GB version (or higher) available (and NOT an exclusive, lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jphillips1963 View Post
    Why? That's a decent size. It's not massive. But, it should definitely make it through the day.
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Banned

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post

Why? That's a decent size. It's not massive. But, it should definitely make it through the day.

Not the way I use a phone my droid razr maxx HD lasts me maybe 10 hrs with my use as I use hotspot to run my tablet and still Facebook and browse many forums with tapatalk as well with a few hundred text in my work shift. So it's vital for me to have a phone that will go at least as long as my current phone.
    Kashan Osama likes this.

Global Posts
    10,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If this device was designed right the size should be OK. We'll no soon enough what the device is completely packing once the formal announcement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    What yall think??

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.12 PM.png 
Views:	763 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	107644

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 8.01.30 PM.png 
Views:	766 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	107645

Name:	gsmarena_101.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	107643
    Here is a Quote from S5 launch review, HTC is still doing better at 10GB free...
    "At the Samsung Galaxy S5 event we discovered only 8GB of storage is available to users that buy the 16GB Galaxy S5. This is similar to the Galaxy S4 which offered user access to about 9GB of storage space in 2013."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

S5 has only 8GB usable space (One hasn't launched yet but 10gb is still superior ) with crappy build quality, terrible TouchWiz.... It's the best phone built by Samsung may be? Xperia killed it let alone HTC which clearly seems superior

A big let down from HTC .... If they kep the huge bezel i though it was for a purpose of a bigger battery and sensor.... but nothing interesting ... LG G3 will probably is my next one ^^

Wow talk about gadget spam! Just as Sammy is deemphasizing gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks HTC pulls a 2013 and loads up on gimmicks. Nonetheless that brushed aluminum sure looks sweet.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    Here is a Quote from S5 launch review, HTC is still doing better at 10GB free...
    "At the Samsung Galaxy S5 event we discovered only 8GB of storage is available to users that buy the 16GB Galaxy S5. This is similar to the Galaxy S4 which offered user access to about 9GB of storage space in 2013."

The Galaxy S5 has 10GB of space not 8GB
    Ahh, The 16GB Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Come with 10GB of Storage, not 8. - n3rdabl3

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Wow talk about gadget spam! Just as Sammy is deemphasizing gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks HTC pulls a 2013 and loads up on gimmicks. Nonetheless that brushed aluminum sure looks sweet.
    And yet the gimmick-deemphasized S5 still has scores more gimmicks than the M8

Sounds like they are using one of the lower variants of the 801 based on that clockspeed. We'll see how well optimized the phone is this time around to make use of that slightly larger battery. Perhaps some limitations there in keeping the phone thin and curved. Power consumption was supposed to be more efficient from the 600 to 800, so we'll see.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Not the way I use a phone my droid razr maxx HD lasts me maybe 10 hrs with my use as I use hotspot to run my tablet and still Facebook and browse many forums with tapatalk as well with a few hundred text in my work shift. So it's vital for me to have a phone that will go at least as long as my current phone.
    That's fair, but that's pretty different usage from your average user. That may mean that the M8 isn't for you, sad though that may be.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    So, you say you can't decide on the best phone of 2014 until the year is over, but you can say the S5 is better than this when this hasn't even been announced?
    To be fair, what he actually said was that the S5 was "the best phone of 2014 so far". I'm assuming he meant because the M8 hasn't been officially unveiled yet, not that the S5 was actually superior to the M8.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast