HTC One (M8): Let's hope BOOM-SOUND becomes more then just hype.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One: Let's hope BOOM-SOUND becomes more then just hype.

The market says otherwise? Because the S4 outsold the One so greatly?

If you don't think the plastic covers of the S3/S4 were a weakness of both devices, I don't know what to tell you. Has nothing to do with a forum community. A case makes the back of a phone irrelevant. Of course.

Speaker on the N5 is still mediocre even with the update.

Because the entire galaxy line outsold whatever HTC has put out. If peeps really cared about plastic verses aluminum then you'd think it'd be reflected in the market somewhere. Plastic can be considered a strength rather than a weakness. It's more durable, scratch resistant and more easily accessible and fixable. Thankfully we have choices.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the N5 speaker post update. Suits me perfectly for daily use.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Again, how do you extrapolate this 66% usage of smartphone cases based on Google searches and threads? Does that 66% apply to all smartphone users? Out of that 66%, what percentage of time do they have protective/fashion cases on their smartphones? What do you define as "decent' audio? Where does the distinction between decent and loud begin? Does "decent" refer to the quality of the sound, or the decibel level? Where does the distinction between loud and gimmick begin?

http://news.yahoo.com/one-quarter-smartphone-owners-spurn-172115763.html

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

When considering boomsound you have to think of the people it's relevant to. Do you use your external speakers? Is sound quality important to you?

For myself i thoroughly enjoy the the sound quality that the duel speakers put out. One of the many reasons I bought this phone.

As far as build material/quality it's really just preference...

I never use cases and love the smooth aluminum feel but I'm not about to knock a plastic covered phone either. To each their own

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Because the entire galaxy line outsold whatever HTC has put out. If peeps really cared about plastic verses aluminum then you'd think it'd be reflected in the market somewhere. Plastic can be considered a strength rather than a weakness. It's more durable, scratch resistant and more easily accessible and fixable. Thankfully we have choices.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the N5 speaker post update. Suits me perfectly for daily use.

Samsung outselling HTC has nothing to do with whether there is a consumer desire for stereo dual speakers on a smartphone. Samsung outsold HTC in 2013 for a variety of reasons. None of which has anything to do with the S4's speaker vs the One's speakers.

Samsung themselves acknowledged the negative feedback of the plastic covers. Obviously this didn't affect their sales negatively. But for a company to even acknowledge such a thing means it was a weakness they (apparently) have addressed with the S5. I have no huge gripes with plastic per se. I believe the Nexus 5 is a plastic back. It's simply the way the plastic is constructed and feels in hand that matters.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the N5 speaker post update? That's your opinion. And my opinion is that it's still terrible.

We still come around to the fact that consumers will embrace superior speakers on a phone. If S5 boasted superior sound compared to the S4 would anybody complain? Of course not. Your entitled to your own opinion on BoomSound, of course. But to label it a gimmick is nonsense IMO. It's probably the main factor why I'm considering the M8. Go read the user reviews for the M7 on Bestbuy, Verizon, AT&T, etc. You'll see countless consumers raving about the M7's sound. It might not matter to you per se but that doesn't reflect the general public. I commend HTC and Sony for addressing this issue instead of just following the course like other OEM's. Like I already said before, whether this matters to yearly sales overall is another issue entirely.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Samsung outselling HTC has nothing to do with whether there is a consumer desire for stereo dual speakers on a smartphone. Samsung outsold HTC in 2013 for a variety of reasons. None of which has anything to do with the S4's speaker vs the One's speakers.

Samsung themselves acknowledged the negative feedback of the plastic covers. Obviously this didn't affect their sales negatively. But for a company to even acknowledge such a thing means it was a weakness they (apparently) have addressed with the S5. I have no huge gripes with plastic per se. I believe the Nexus 5 is a plastic back. It's simply the way the plastic is constructed and feels in hand that matters.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the N5 speaker post update? That's your opinion. And my opinion is that it's still terrible.

We still come around to the fact that consumers will embrace superior speakers on a phone. If S5 boasted superior sound compared to the S4 would anybody complain? Of course not. Your entitled to your own opinion on BoomSound, of course. But to label it a gimmick is nonsense IMO. It's probably the main factor why I'm considering the M8. Go read the user reviews for the M7 on Bestbuy, Verizon, AT&T, etc. You'll see countless consumers raving about the M7's sound. It might not matter to you per se but that doesn't reflect the general public. I commend HTC and Sony for addressing this issue instead of just following the course like other OEM's. Like I already said before, whether this matters to yearly sales overall is another issue entirely.

To continue to label my opinions as ridiculous our nonsense is disrespectful and I will continue to report them. I have shown you no such disrespect.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Reminder: please keep the discussion civil and on-topic.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

To continue to label my opinions as ridiculous our nonsense is disrespectful and I will continue to report them. I have shown you no such disrespect.

I have shown you NO disrespect. That fact that you have reported any of my replies is unbelievable. You clearly are incapable of a back and forth with me. Your original argument all along is that BoomSound is a gimmick (okay) and then you go on to state that speaker quality on a phone is inconsequential to you. I think that says everything.

If I can't conduct myself as I have in this thread all along, which is nothing but a clear opinion stated with reasoning while being respectful, then I might as well be banned, because that's ridiculous.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I have shown you NO disrespect. That fact that you have reported any of my replies is unbelievable. You clearly are incapable of a back and forth with me. Your original argument all along is that BoomSound is a gimmick (okay) and then you go on to state that speaker quality on a phone is inconsequential to you. I think that says everything.

If I can't conduct myself as I have in this thread all along, which is nothing but a clear opinion stated with reasoning while being respectful, then I might as well be banned, because that's ridiculous.

Just report and move on, otherwise you're just prolonging the problem

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think gimmick means necessarily a bad thing. Each oem has their own gimmicks. I just don't see a huge market for BoomSound or others loud cell phone speakers. Just like two thirds of all android users out their phones in cases thereby negating the aluminum build, most folks listen to their phones with headphones thereby neutering BoomSound.

Most users listen to their phones with headphones because generally phone speakers are garbage. We don't want to lose sight of cause and effect. I find myself taking my earbuds out and listening on my One's speakers because 6 months on I still can't get over how good they sound. 90% of the people I have listen to my One with a good track (try Pentatonix Carol of the Bells on YT if you ever get a chance) are amazed. BoomSound is a genuine, usable improvement. The more people try it, the more people will want it on their phones.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Most users listen to their phones with headphones because generally phone speakers are garbage. We don't want to lose sight of cause and effect. I find myself taking my earbuds out and listening on my One's speakers because 6 months on I still can't get over how good they sound. 90% of the people I have listen to my One with a good track (try Pentatonix Carol of the Bells on YT if you ever get a chance) are amazed. BoomSound is a genuine, usable improvement. The more people try it, the more people will want it on their phones.

That's a good opinion but you have nothing to back up your claim that people use headphones because their speakers sucked.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think most people use headphones with their phones because it's common courtesy when around other people.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

That's a good opinion but you have nothing to back up your claim that people use headphones because their speakers sucked.

Well...other than my own personal experience with lots of phones with sucky speakers!

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Just chiming in with my two cents here. I do wish more companies would use the front facing speakers in their phones. I have a Droid Maxx, and I think the speaker is great, to be perfectly honest, but it would be amazing if it faced the front instead. Even just cupping my hand around the speaker to sort of direct the sound toward me makes a big difference. I would be much more likely to watch full TV episodes on my phone if it had front facing speakers. As it is, I use my Nexus 7.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Roger Bambino

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

With Beats gone, HTC has to come up with a better alternative I doubt if boom sound will be any good

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

With Beats gone, HTC has to come up with a better alternative I doubt if boom sound will be any good

We don't know if Beat is gone, they could have licensed it for this phone. Also, Beats is only software and can easily be replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12