HTC One (M8): Big four US networks on the 25th?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you all think about this? I've heard some people talking about Verizon exclusivity for a month, some talking about simultaneous release on all four on the 25th, etc... We have some evidence showing that Verizon is a likely bet for the 25th, possibly AT&T as well, but what do you think is likely?

I think it would be a huge mistake for them to not bring it to every carrier simultaneously on announcement day. If they can pull that off they stand a good chance to cut off quite a few sales of the S5 early on.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

TsuaSai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Big four US networks on the 25th?

I agree. I am also hopeful for tmobile getting it soon. I will probably wait but I know people who will just move on to the S5. I haven't kept up with HTC recently at all. But if they are in trouble I think giving it only to Verizon will be a big mistake.

dabunique

May 26, 2013
Visit site

i like da Galaxy and decided last year to get it but I'm really interested in this new phone but i worry cuz i haven't heard anything of it coming to Sprint
it seems Verizon will have it dat day and as well as AT&T but no news on Sprint or T-Mobile

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

i like da Galaxy and decided last year to get it but I'm really interested in this new phone but i worry cuz i haven't heard anything of it coming to Sprint
it seems Verizon will have it dat day and as well as AT&T but no news on Sprint or T-Mobile

It's definitely coming to sprint and T-Mobile too, it's passed through the FCC for each network. The only question is whether they'll all get it day one.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

AT&T and Verizon definitely on the 25th. Sprint and T-Mobile are up in the air because while I'm not sure I feel like Sprint always falls behind for releases.
AT&T is advertising on their site about the HTC M8's launch so I'm confident they're getting it on the 25th. There's no way Verizon is going to be getting a one month exclusive launch. That would greatly hurt HTC because not only would they end up launching on other carriers after the Galaxy S5, but some people might just jump on the Samsung/WP8.1 just to spite them. If anything I could believe maybe Verizon will get a 1 Month exclusive deal on the rumored 32GB Version, which sounds like it would make a lot more sense.

dabunique

May 26, 2013
Visit site

So I just read on a website dat Verizon will have exclusivity for a few weeks before da other carriers. Such a turnoff honestly.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Lol. 10 minutes ago you said never now you say might. So you would boycott the new htc if you couldn't have it right away? Do you really think that htc or your carrier gives a rip? Way to make a point................
agreed, i was gonna buy but might not now.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Lol. 10 minutes ago you said never now you say might. So you would boycott the new htc if you couldn't have it right away? Do you really think that htc or your carrier gives a rip? Way to make a point................

the point is this is what hurts htc and they never listen or learn. STOP the carrier exclusive deals. bottom line is if this gets pinned against the s5 it will get trampled.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

If the HTC and the S5 were close I would say that an exclusive deal would hurt the HTC but the fact of the matter is the the S5 is much better. I'm going to wait and see how the HTC reviews by real users but it's really only to kill time while waiting for the S5..I already know that the S5 will have the better camera and battery. Those are one and two on my list. Heck I can have tasker automatically toggle ultra saver while at work and my battery on the S5 will go for 2 days.
the point is this is what hurts htc and they never listen or learn. STOP the carrier exclusive deals. bottom line is if this gets pinned against the s5 it will get trampled.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

So I just read on a website dat Verizon will have exclusivity for a few weeks before da other carriers. Such a turnoff honestly.

If Verizon does indeed get an exclusive for a couple of weeks, I wonder if this means Verizon stores-only or if you can buy the Verizon version at places like Best Buy and Amazon as well starting on the 25th?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

The main thing making me nervous for a Verizon exclusivity period is that I've seen multiple people on multiple websites who claim to work at Verizon stores talking about getting training guides into their stores already. It could be that these people are managers, or lying, but the guy I talked to at my local sprint store the other day told me they don't even get information on it until the 25th.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

If that is the case bye bye HTC. No one does this for a flagship phone of the year.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

LOL...lot of drama there don't you think so? Either way HTC is on the way out anyway so whats the difference? HTC cant compete with Samsung and Apple. Not room for them in the high end market. I got to test drive the S5 today at BB....the new HTC is toast:)
If that is the case bye bye HTC. No one does this for a flagship phone of the year.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

If this Two Week exclusivity deal is true I'm off the horse as well. They can screw off with those kinds of tactics I don't even understand why you would do something like that. I can't see Verizon having paid a lot for it and have gotten a lot of marketshare if they launched before the Galaxy S5.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm just gonna say, if Verizon has a 2 week exclusive and that's gonna make you not want it then you didn't really want it anyway.

Two weeks from the 25th is the 8th. The S5 comes out on the 11th.

How much time has passed since the S5 was announced and April 11th? A lot more than two weeks.