Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Big four US networks on the 25th?

What do you all think about this? I've heard some people talking about Verizon exclusivity for a month, some talking about simultaneous release on all four on the 25th, etc... We have some evidence showing that Verizon is a likely bet for the 25th, possibly AT&T as well, but what do you think is likely?

I think it would be a huge mistake for them to not bring it to every carrier simultaneously on announcement day. If they can pull that off they stand a good chance to cut off quite a few sales of the S5 early on.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-28-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Default Re: Big four US networks on the 25th?

I agree. I am also hopeful for tmobile getting it soon. I will probably wait but I know people who will just move on to the S5. I haven't kept up with HTC recently at all. But if they are in trouble I think giving it only to Verizon will be a big mistake.

Hopefully its in stock on tuesday but i have a feeling its only a preorder.

i like da Galaxy and decided last year to get it but I'm really interested in this new phone but i worry cuz i haven't heard anything of it coming to Sprint
    it seems Verizon will have it dat day and as well as AT&T but no news on Sprint or T-Mobile
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dabunique View Post
    i like da Galaxy and decided last year to get it but I'm really interested in this new phone but i worry cuz i haven't heard anything of it coming to Sprint
    it seems Verizon will have it dat day and as well as AT&T but no news on Sprint or T-Mobile
    It's definitely coming to sprint and T-Mobile too, it's passed through the FCC for each network. The only question is whether they'll all get it day one.

AT&T and Verizon definitely on the 25th. Sprint and T-Mobile are up in the air because while I'm not sure I feel like Sprint always falls behind for releases.
    AT&T is advertising on their site about the HTC M8's launch so I'm confident they're getting it on the 25th. There's no way Verizon is going to be getting a one month exclusive launch. That would greatly hurt HTC because not only would they end up launching on other carriers after the Galaxy S5, but some people might just jump on the Samsung/WP8.1 just to spite them. If anything I could believe maybe Verizon will get a 1 Month exclusive deal on the rumored 32GB Version, which sounds like it would make a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Verizon exclusivity for a month
    I would never buy anything from them again if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    I would never buy anything from them again if that were the case.
    i doubt its true but with htc anything is possible. these exclusive deals with carriers needs to stop.
    Thanked by:

So I just read on a website dat Verizon will have exclusivity for a few weeks before da other carriers. Such a turnoff honestly.
    smooth3006 likes this.

So I just read on a website dat Verizon will have exclusivity for a few weeks before da other carriers. Such a turnoff honestly.
    agreed, i was gonna buy but might not now.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Lol. 10 minutes ago you said never now you say might. So you would boycott the new htc if you couldn't have it right away? Do you really think that htc or your carrier gives a rip? Way to make a point................
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    agreed, i was gonna buy but might not now.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Lol. 10 minutes ago you said never now you say might. So you would boycott the new htc if you couldn't have it right away? Do you really think that htc or your carrier gives a rip? Way to make a point................
    the point is this is what hurts htc and they never listen or learn. STOP the carrier exclusive deals. bottom line is if this gets pinned against the s5 it will get trampled.
    Banned

If the HTC and the S5 were close I would say that an exclusive deal would hurt the HTC but the fact of the matter is the the S5 is much better. I'm going to wait and see how the HTC reviews by real users but it's really only to kill time while waiting for the S5..I already know that the S5 will have the better camera and battery. Those are one and two on my list. Heck I can have tasker automatically toggle ultra saver while at work and my battery on the S5 will go for 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    the point is this is what hurts htc and they never listen or learn. STOP the carrier exclusive deals. bottom line is if this gets pinned against the s5 it will get trampled.

If Verizon does indeed get an exclusive for a couple of weeks, I wonder if this means Verizon stores-only or if you can buy the Verizon version at places like Best Buy and Amazon as well starting on the 25th?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

The main thing making me nervous for a Verizon exclusivity period is that I've seen multiple people on multiple websites who claim to work at Verizon stores talking about getting training guides into their stores already. It could be that these people are managers, or lying, but the guy I talked to at my local sprint store the other day told me they don't even get information on it until the 25th.

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

If that is the case bye bye HTC. No one does this for a flagship phone of the year.
    Thanked by:

Read the Verizon exclusive on Flipboard.

Hoping Bell gets it.
    Banned

LOL...lot of drama there don't you think so? Either way HTC is on the way out anyway so whats the difference? HTC cant compete with Samsung and Apple. Not room for them in the high end market. I got to test drive the S5 today at BB....the new HTC is toast
    Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post
    If that is the case bye bye HTC. No one does this for a flagship phone of the year.

If this Two Week exclusivity deal is true I'm off the horse as well. They can screw off with those kinds of tactics I don't even understand why you would do something like that. I can't see Verizon having paid a lot for it and have gotten a lot of marketshare if they launched before the Galaxy S5.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm just gonna say, if Verizon has a 2 week exclusive and that's gonna make you not want it then you didn't really want it anyway.

Two weeks from the 25th is the 8th. The S5 comes out on the 11th.

How much time has passed since the S5 was announced and April 11th? A lot more than two weeks.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Could not agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I'm just gonna say, if Verizon has a 2 week exclusive and that's gonna make you not want it then you didn't really want it anyway.

How much time has passed since the S5 was announced and April 11th? A lot more than two weeks.

Ugh I so want this phone and havin to wait sucks ... guess i'm gonna have to sulk and wait it out

While I think exclusives suck, perfect point.

Since when has there not been an exlusive with any manufacture besides apple? I'm pretty sure the GS4 was released on carriers at different times, I believe it took Verizon almost a month longer than AT&T.

Are we even sure that the GS5 is releasing at the same time every where?

I'm not to concerned about it. I think they should all drop at the same time but a couple weeks ain't gonna hurt me any

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post
    While I think exclusives suck, perfect point.

Since when has there not been an exlusive with any manufacture besides apple? I'm pretty sure the GS4 was released on carriers at different times, I believe it took Verizon almost a month longer than AT&T.

Are we even sure that the GS5 is releasing at the same time every where?
    I think all major US carriers have said April 11th for the S5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast