Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Here is the new One hands on (in German):



    I have no idea what's being said but it's a great hands on!
    Thanked by:
    doc31 
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Alexander View Post
    Here is the new One hands on (in German):



    I have no idea what's being said but it's a great hands on!
    I don't speak a lick of German, but some of the basics are being confirmed - such as the IR blaster up top and the 5MP camera in the front. Hopefully someone here speaks German
    Current Phone: T-Mobile LG G3
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 3
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Even though I can't understand much of it, it seems to be a very well done review

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    He is just giving a full description of the phone. He is actually confirming for the greater part what we already knew. The combine value of the two cams are 6 ultra pixel with the top being 2UP and bottom 4 UP. It's not a 3D cam arrangement. The cam on top (2UP) is for recording data that allows you to change focus and other tweaking post snaps. There is a 3D effect you can get on screen by moving the phone in different direction.... Well the rest is self explanatory. You get to see a quick demo of sense UI6 in action. ... Oh there is an extreme battery saving mode like the one on the S5 and others in which the functions are reduce to sending emails, mesages, calendars, calls and I don't remember what else...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    WOW, the selective focus on this phone I think is better than the S5...this one u can select anywhere and have it focus, unlike the S5 where u have to select the focus point before u edit

    Also the 3D effect thing is pretty cool...Im liking this camera...very nyce

    Interesting how it also has an extreme power saving mode...I think the S5 one is better though because u can add your own apps to it

    The HTC One camera is impressing me from this video
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
    ffejjj likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    The leaks for this phone is crazy, there are just sooo many. Why?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Exciting stuff. It will be difficult for me to choose between the S5 and the One.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    6 ultra pixels?? Really? :/ I really want this phone but camera could be a deal breaker not just for me, and why they put 5mp on front?? Just make no sense...

    Posted from my new Nexus 5
    robstunner likes this.
  9. #9  
    AG212's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Any links to any re-uploads? Missed the original and can't seem to find any myself yet.
  10. #10  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    960 Posts

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    I know....I'm in the same boat. I wanted it bad but it's looking like the s5 is going to be for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Podolsky View Post
    6 ultra pixels?? Really? :/ I really want this phone but camera could be a deal breaker not just for me, and why they put 5mp on front?? Just make no sense...

    Posted from my new Nexus 5
  11. #11  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Podolsky View Post
    6 ultra pixels?? Really? :/ I really want this phone but camera could be a deal breaker not just for me, and why they put 5mp on front?? Just make no sense...

    Posted from my new Nexus 5
    They're going for the selfie market?
  12. #12  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    They're going for the selfie market?
    I hear selfies are kind of a thing now on social media lol
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I hear selfies are kind of a thing now on social media lol
    Apparently but if that's what they're aiming at the logic is twisted. The whole argument for the Ultrapixel 4 MP on the old One was that most people use their phone camera's for social media and therefore a higher MP count isn't needed. I think time has proven HTC's argument in that regard to be wrong, as most reviews pointed out that the lack of MP hurt the amount of detail in the pics.

    But, following HTC's line of thinking, if people will use the front camera for selfies, which almost certainly will go purely to social media, why have such a relatively high MP count?
  14. #14  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Apparently but if that's what they're aiming at the logic is twisted. The whole argument for the Ultrapixel 4 MP on the old One was that most people use their phone camera's for social media and therefore a higher MP count isn't needed. I think time has proven HTC's argument in that regard to be wrong, as most reviews pointed out that the lack of MP hurt the amount of detail in the pics.

    But, following HTC's line of thinking, if people will use the front camera for selfies, which almost certainly will go purely to social media, why have such a relatively high MP count?
    I wouldn't say that reviewers pointing out lack of detail (primarily when cropping and zooming, which isn't really done on social media) makes HTC's argument wrong. Just like us here in the forums, reviewers don't use the phones like "normal" people, and their goal isn't the same as someone just walking into a store and buying a phone.

    I can only speculate as to the reason why 5mp on the front. Maybe the cost for them was the same, and pic quality was either the same or better. In that case, there's no reason to not​ go with the 5mp, right?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Here is an image from the M8 rear camera.. New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German-imag0020-1-.jpg

    This guy has several links of raw images from the phone.. https://twitter.com/pdaplaza_russia
  16. #16  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I wouldn't say that reviewers pointing out lack of detail (primarily when cropping and zooming, which isn't really done on social media) makes HTC's argument wrong. Just like us here in the forums, reviewers don't use the phones like "normal" people, and their goal isn't the same as someone just walking into a store and buying a phone.

    I can only speculate as to the reason why 5mp on the front. Maybe the cost for them was the same, and pic quality was either the same or better. In that case, there's no reason to not​ go with the 5mp, right?
    True that but the reviews(including this site's) were near uniform in pointing out how the lack of MP hurt detail and in particular when zooming and cropping. The One didn't win any camera shootouts and generally came near the bottom of most of the comparisons. So I'd say something was definitely off about the UltraPixel experiment. Not to mention the defective modules...but I digress.

    As for the front camera, just seems like overkill and perhaps merely a marketing gimmick.
    Kevin O'Quinn likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    Here is an image from the M8 rear camera.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imag0020-1-.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	716.3 KB 
ID:	109270

    This guy has several links of raw images from the phone.. https://twitter.com/pdaplaza_russia
    Not particularly sharp, especially the green boxes. Color representation looks good though.
    Kevin O'Quinn likes this.
  18. #18  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    True that but the reviews(including this site's) were near uniform in pointing out how the lack of MP hurt detail and in particular when zooming and cropping. The One didn't win any camera shootouts and generally came near the bottom of most of the comparisons. So I'd say something was definitely off about the UltraPixel experiment. Not to mention the defective modules...but I digress.

    As for the front camera, just seems like overkill and perhaps merely a marketing gimmick.
    Yeah, but I'm not one to crop and zoom a camera phone pic, so that's a non issue for me. Most of my pictures are taken indoors in less than ideal conditions. In my situations the One does just fine for me, and the camera is fast enough to get the pics I need it to get (can't say the same about other devices, even the N5). They definitely had some issues with defective modules. Hopefully they're doing better with that this time around.

    They aren't the first to do a 5mp front shooter, and I'm sure they won't be the last. Maybe next year we'll get a flash on the front also. :P
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    madlaw1071 likes this.
  19. #19  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Not particularly sharp, especially the green boxes. Color representation looks good though.
    I would say the snow looks blown out, but I can't remember a time where I could actually look at snow with sun shining on it and not get "blinded" lol.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I would say the snow looks blown out, but I can't remember a time where I could actually look at snow with sun shining on it and not get "blinded" lol.
    Do you think the green boxed look a bit fuzzy, or at least not very sharp?
  21. #21  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Do you think the green boxed look a bit fuzzy, or at least not very sharp?
    I'm not viewing on a very high quality display right now (14" 1600x900 crap panel) so I can't say for sure.

    Viewing on my phone wouldn't do it justice since I would need to zoom in.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Personally i like the camera on my M7. The M8 (from what I've seen) looks to be an improvement but that number "4" it's just so low and doesn't sound as if they're trying to improve as much as others.

    I'll reserve judgement till i can get my hands on it though
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  23. #23  

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Not sure what the photography word would be but those images look blurry and off to me. In each one I keep looking to the left and right and the buildings look really blurry and the color is weird.
    Links to save Twitter time.

    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0022-1-.jpg
    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0020-1-.jpg
    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0021-1-.jpg

    (edit)Picks taken down
  24. #24  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyw70 View Post
    Not sure what the photography word would be but those images look blurry and off to me. In each one I keep looking to the left and right and the buildings look really blurry and the color is weird.
    Links to save Twitter time.

    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0022-1-.jpg
    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0020-1-.jpg
    https://www.pdaplaza.ca/product_imag...mag0021-1-.jpg
    For some reason they're opening larger using your links than they were before. I see what you're talking about on the edges, especially the lower left of them. I can't remember the term either, but it's the lens doing it (maybe too wide, maybe just a device issue, hard to say for sure really). If this is widespread (or is just what it is and can't be fixed) I'm not sure I like it. It will throw a kink in my "speed is king as long as the image isn't terrible" mindset lol.

    I can't wait for more sample pics from others that get the device.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  25. #25  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New HTC One (M8) hands-on in German

    Ok so the more I look at those pics the more unhappy I am with them. This makes my decision more difficult. If this is typical of the device (and it may not be) then I have to choose between this lens blur on every single pic or sometimes not getting my pic at all because of the focus issues on the S5.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to get my text msg icon to blue on my LG G2?
    By Kimberly1998 in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
  2. Samsung Watch On
    By STGN in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 05:07 PM
  3. Should I Buy the HTC One Before or After 3/25?
    By boston_ant in forum HTC One
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 10:09 PM
  4. will Turkey reverse its block on Twitter?
    By ahawkua in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 09:39 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions