Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The m8, z2 or s5 that is the question

So, my phone contract is up and never have i faced such a question

I have an s3 right now, this was my first android device and i love it. But after the S5 event i am not 100% convinced to go for this upgrade and what with the Son z2 and the HTC one (m8) being launched at very similar times, i am faced with the question..which one do i go for...whats everyone's opinion???

Cheers
    Deano!

Default Re: The m8, z2 or s5 that is the question

You can't go wrong between any if these really, they're all brand new flagship phones, and while we all have our preferences, I think we can also agree that they all stand pretty equally.
    I'm going with the M8 for the build/design (I've long since forgiven it for the black bar) and love HTC design aesthetics and feel.
    I'm also going that way for Sense. Some may dislike it, but sense is by far my favorite UI, even over stock android. I've gone the CM route multiple times but just been unable to stick with it for long because I just don't find the interface as pleasant as sense, or the camera usability and quality as high as on sense.
    Because of these two reasons, and Super LCD instead of AMOLED, I don't know if I'd ever go for the galaxy line unless they made significant changes. As for the Z2, it comes down to much preferring sense again, and thinking it might be a bit too large for my tastes.
    Try weighing what you do and don't want for your decision as they all have their standout features.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for that, yeah I tend to agree with you on the build/design bit when i purchased my S3 this was one thing (minor) that annoyed me, and when i looked at the HTC one it certainly looked and felt the part.

As for Sense i have not really had enough time to play with it, i will have to get my hands on it and give it a go before making the choice

Your comment about the screen is valid and i must admit i am not sure the s5 really improves things a great leap, we will see, i just jave to get my hands on them and play!

I am in the same boat as you and wanted the M8 till last night. Now I am not so sure. The phone is so long I am not sure that is something I would like at all. The S5 isn't a option for me I dont like the touch wiz at all. I think I am currently considering getting a M7, M8 or the Z2.

The M7 doesn't seem that far off from the M8 and I should be able to get one at a good price.
    The M8 is just the newest latest and greatest which I find myself always wanting and I love the look/build of the phone.
    The Z2 wasn't something I was considering a ton until seeing how long the M8 was. So I don't know a lot about it and will probably spend today trying learn more about it. Wish the compact would come to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by TsuaSai View Post
    I am in the same boat as you and wanted the M8 till last night. Now I am not so sure. The phone is so long I am not sure that is something I would like at all. The S5 isn't a option for me I dont like the touch wiz at all. I think I am currently considering getting a M7, M8 or the Z2.

The M7 doesn't seem that far off from the M8 and I should be able to get one at a good price.
    The M8 is just the newest latest and greatest which I find myself always wanting and I love the look/build of the phone.
    The Z2 wasn't something I was considering a ton until seeing how long the M8 was. So I don't know a lot about it and will probably spend today trying learn more about it. Wish the compact would come to the US.
    The M8 may have looked taller, but I believe the Z2 edges it out to be bigger in every dimension but thickness. If I can dig up the comparison picture article that ran last week I'll link to it here.

EDIT: Here's one of the links to those shots. http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...-shots-1235567

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kronosqq; 03-25-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    The M8 may have look taller, but I believe the Z2 edges it out to be bigger in every dimension but thickness. If I can dig up the comparison picture article that ran last week I'll link to it here.
    Thanks I was trying to find some last night and just got tired and went to bed. That was the other con to the Z2 is he size. I guess I just need to get use to the fact that bigger is where things are going. I don't like to carry a purse and like my phone in my pocket and girls jeans are cut out for carrying much.

Quote Originally Posted by TsuaSai View Post

Like kronosqq pointed out the Z2 is just a little taller but it is also 3 mm wider. It is a little thicker but the curved back will make it seem a little smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    Like kronosqq pointed out the Z2 is just a little taller but it is also 3 mm wider. It is a little thicker but the curved back will make it seem a little smaller.
    Yeah sounds like that isn't really something I want then. Other than the water proof thing is really cool.

I wish they could have kept it the same size. I am probably going to be a big girl and just go with a big phone I didn't care much about the black bar at first but now I see what people go pissed about.