Android Central's HTC One (M8) Review

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android Central's HTC One M8 Review

So it's essentially the HTC One (M7) with a slightly larger battery, faster processor, slightly larger screen, and 25% louder speakers. The new camera app and Sense 6 will be available in a month or two to the M7. I just find it amusing that they called out Samsung for "more of the same" and then released this.

Posted via Android Central App

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

So it's essentially the HTC One (M7) with a slightly larger battery, faster processor, slightly larger screen, and 25% louder speakers. The new camera app and Sense 6 will be available in a month or two to the M7. I just find it amusing that they called out Samsung for "more of the same" and then released this.

It seems all manufacturers are doing iterative updates this year. There's even less to distinguish all of them from each other.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

That's how it seems. Good thing the Nexus 5 is still around.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

They should have made it an 8MP camera. They would have had me right there.

4MP is simply not good enough in 2014. Doesn't matter what tricks you add to it.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Well, they upgraded several aspects of what was already a very nice phone. What did you expect? Teleportation? Microwave capability?

At this point the smart phone market is nearing maturity. It's going to take a significant technological breakthrough to bring back that wow factor from just 2-3 years ago.

At this point people expect the unexpected and these unvealings have become less impressive. It's not HTC's fault, its essentially what they are all doing (progressive upgrades).

please back away from the screen

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't have expected much of anything if they didn't go after Samsung for it's iterative update. From what I can tell, they did even less to change their device than Samsung did.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

It is a minor upgrade but nice none the less. Not worth the $700 tag price to me but for a new member to Android or a phone older than 2 years....Its what I would expect.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't have expected much of anything if they didn't go after Samsung for it's iterative update. From what I can tell, they did even less to change their device than Samsung did.

Seriously. Samsung gets beat up because the S5 is an evolutionary step up from the S4 which was an evolutionary step up from the S3......

Here's HTC. Doing the same thing. Even calling it the same name. Yet HTC gets a pass.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

What's more egregious? Staying with a plastic design (albeit a much better back than the S4) or staying with a 4MP camera in 2014? The front camera has a higher res than the rear camera.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What's more egregious? Staying with a plastic design (albeit a much better back than the S4) or staying with a 4MP camera in 2014? The front camera has a higher res than the rear camera.

To me the plastic isn't a bad thing... But it also doesn't mean I don't like the look and feel of the HTC One. :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

They rely too much on the metal design. If it was that great and wasn't just an instant thumbs up from tech review sites, they'd sell a lot more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo