HTC One (M8) Colors: which one do you prefer?

Which color HTC One (M8) do you prefer?

• Total voters

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I chose the gunmetal after looking at the silver. I think the silver is nice but the M8 just looks better in the gunmetal in my opinion. I have not seen the gold and I don't think that I would be interested in the blue. I'm very happy with the gunmetal.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a silver one for three weeks but I got it replaced for a gunmetal one. Normally I prefer silver, and to be honest I find the color generally better, but, the brushed aluminum is great. The device feels amazing in the hand, and it doesn't slide, as many have pointed out. I prefer the brushed finish to the matt one. The device feels so much better, it is difficult to explain!
Gunmetal grey for me, but mainly because of the way the device feels in my hand.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I almost bought an M8 yesterday but didn't see anything that really made me wanna pay almost $200 more than for this G2 and almost $300 more than the G Pro I also got. The speakers are kinda meaningless for me and the aluminium body, while cute, would be hidden by a case as the nice looking 5s' I just parted with were.

g2

Cuore

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
i want the red one but they only released it in Taiwan so... undecided?
the silver looks great but the gunmetal looks awesome as well...
lol maybe i should flip a coin?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i want the red one but they only released it in Taiwan so... undecided?
the silver looks great but the gunmetal looks awesome as well...
lol maybe i should flip a coin?

Wouldn't you fair better to wait and get a G3? Are the supposedly nice M8 speakers really worth all that the G3 offers?

g2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't you fair better to wait and get a G3? Are the supposedly nice M8 speakers really worth all that the G3 offers?

g2

This is what I've been asking myself. I love HTC, last 5 phones have been htc and I'll miss a lot of what the M8 is offering.

I have the desire/need to try something else though and the G3 has impressed me enough to take that step... I think

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
According to the Sales Rep at Verizon, she mentioned that the gold is in there warehouse and she could of place an order for me to purchase it.
Originally I was in the mindset of purchasing the Gold but a run in with a smart aleck sales rep at Best Buy turned me off. So off I went to the Verizon store. I asked the rep if they could order the gold, thats when she mentioned about it being in the warehouse along with the red being released soon.
I didn't want the gunmetal knowing its the most popular of the bunch and when I set eyes on Silver Glacier White, I didn't even hesitate. I love the Silver and like most people, I'm going into it knowing that its gonna have a cover. I think it can accent different cases well, Gunmetal is nice but its played out

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
According to the Sales Rep at Verizon, she mentioned that the gold is in there warehouse and she could of place an order for me to purchase it.
Originally I was in the mindset of purchasing the Gold but a run in with a smart aleck sales rep at Best Buy turned me off. So off I went to the Verizon store. I asked the rep if they could order the gold, thats when she mentioned about it being in the warehouse along with the red being released soon.
I didn't want the gunmetal knowing its the most popular of the bunch and when I set eyes on Silver Glacier White, I didn't even hesitate. I love the Silver and like most people, I'm going into it knowing that its gonna have a cover. I think it can accent different cases well, Gunmetal is nice but its played out

If you love your Silver HTC, and need a case for it, do what I did. Get the SUPCASE. It protects the phone very well, but lets the beauty of the phone to show through.
http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-N...droidcentral00-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3698750

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just grabbed the red this morning. It's nice.

I was going to get the gun metal until I saw the red on display and that's all it took. I expected a satin type finish from the pictures, but it's just a touch more shiny and very striking. I picked that and waiting on a red bordered Supcase II to be shipped. Just hope the phone and case are close enough shades not to clash.

kendabeatz

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Had a gunmetal grey. I liked the brush effect at the back of the device but it did pick up some scuffs (back of the device and on the side near the microSD slot) even when I only had the device for a week. Got a brand new Gold unlocked from the htc website and I love it actually. Looks much better than it does in pictures/videos.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the harman kardon edition and I regret not getting the Grey one

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I went to Sprint this weekend, sure I was going to buy the Black HK edition, but then I held it and I held the Gunmetal Grey, and I instantly fell in love with the feel of the Grey. Also the Black HK was covered in finger prints, while the Gunmetal Grey is completely impervious to prints. Gunmetal Grey all the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12