Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) Destruction!

This kinda makes me sad.. lol

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: M8 Destruction!

I don't even want to watch. Poor phone, I can only imagine.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

So new. So destroyed.
    I'm more interested in real-world wear and tear.

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

A nice case with a nice tempered glass screen protector. That is how mine would live. Must. Stay. In. New. Condition. Always.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

I'd rather see what damage a knife and hammer can do to the Verizon drone who gave him a phone to break all the embargos with.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    I'd rather see what damage a knife and hammer can do to the Verizon drone who gave him a phone to break all the embargos with.
    Harsh.

via the phone
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

It's been a long time since I saw a video like this and I'm surprised how well the screen did.

I don't like to use screen protectors and I ditched them entirely when I had an HTC 8X and I have the M7 since August last year without a scratch. I will do the same with the M8 or other phone in a couple of months. All phones now have good tolerance to scratches and hits on the screen.

In other equally exciting news the Earth is not flat and if you'll try hitting your head with a hammer with sufficient force - you will bleed and will break your skull...

To be serious I really don't understand the practical purpose for these videos (other than making more $$$ from YouTube Ads program) - the phone is still just a thin metal and glass and you can obviously scratch or crack it just like you, for example, can crack a thick bullet-proof laminated glass if you'll apply enough force to it. Would be more interesting to see such tests done in a lab conditions, with a same, specific amount of force being applied to different phone's (by different brands) displays, with specific tool at a specific angle.

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe40 View Post
    In other equally exciting news the Earth is not flat and if you'll try hitting your head with a hammer with sufficient force - you will bleed and will break your skull...

To be serious I really don't understand the practical purpose for these videos (other than making more $$$ from YouTube Ads program) - the phone is still just a thin metal and glass and you can obviously scratch or crack it just like you, for example, can crack a thick bullet-proof laminated glass if you'll apply enough force to it. Would be more interesting to see such tests done in a lab conditions, with a same, specific amount of force being applied to different phone's (by different brands) displays, with specific tool at a specific angle.
    There's an audience that likes destruction and enjoys seeing really nice things destroyed. I won't purport to understand the psychology behind it, but it is what it is.

via the phone
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I wish they would have mixed in some real word drop tests without a case as well. Maybe from 2', 4', and 6'? Try to get to land on face, back and corners? I assume that will be done by someone soon.

Also, since it is inside the 1st 6 months, HTC will replace the screen on this one right?

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by mc4nam View Post
    I wish they would have mixed in some real word drop tests without a case as well. Maybe from 2', 4', and 6'? Try to get to land on face, back and corners? I assume that will be done by someone soon.
    You mean you wanted the video to be useful? Heresy!

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    mc4nam