Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314
Like Tree115Likes

Default Re: I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

How do I use BlinkFeed with Go Launcher? There is no backup for the HTC Sense desktop, and it takes 1/2 day to rebuilds. Mine got wiped out 3 times, so I have switched to Go since it has backup facilities.
    BlinkFeed is installed on my M8, but is not listed under apps or widgets.

Extreme power saving mode:
    It appeared for me after the latest HTC update

from another silent thread:

Is there some way to have messaging pull picture files from a different picture program like QuickPic or google+? The only options are to use "camera", "gallery", or "drawing".

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something Beta

Quote Originally Posted by jarome View Post
    How do I use BlinkFeed with Go Launcher? There is no backup for the HTC Sense desktop, and it takes 1/2 day to rebuilds. Mine got wiped out 3 times, so I have switched to Go since it has backup facilities.
    BlinkFeed is installed on my M8, but is not listed under apps or widgets.
    Blinkfeed is currently part of the stock launcher. It is not currently available for use with other launchers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    "Something inspirational" ~ Some smart dude
    Hit the "Thanks" button

Global Posts
    3,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Settings>Display/Lights...Can you add apps that will get notifications + colors?
    Can you install "Notifyer+", to add badges to various apps?
    Thanks for any help.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

What are your thoughts on the power/volume buttons Phil?
    My first unit had an extremely loose power button, and now my second unit has a looser volume rocker. I think I'm just gonna attempt to ignore it.
    Are you OCD like this with your devices??

Default Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

Hi Phil, not sure if yourself or anyone else may have an answer to this but I've struggled to find the info anywhere else so hoping you may be able to advise please.. I'm thinking about getting the M8 in the US where of course like everything else, its cheaper than it is in the UK (by about 100)
    I think the M8 model and spec are the same in the US and UK but wanted to check to see if anyone else has gone this route and if there are any gotchas. I'm not an expert but assume it will work fine as phones are set up to be multi band.. Not worried about any US charging plug in the box as am sure I can get hold of a UK one.. Any advice gratefully received! Thanks Jon

Is there a way to hide photos on this device, also how can I clear files I downloaded in the download app?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

I have made the switch from a nice blackberry torch 9800- which I had no issue with at all. It was getting super tired and needed to be put to rest, it is grateful.

The new HTC does everything better than the torch(shocking, I KNOW!). However, there is only one thing that I could do with that BB that I cannot figure out how to do with the HTC and it is a HUGE issue for me. I need a customized alert/notification/ringtone for specific email contacts (SMS would also be nice, but not a major issue). In other words when I get an email (gmail only) from someone specific, I need the notification tone/ringer to tell me I have email from them, specifically. I really only have 3 or 4 that need to be customized.

I have several international contacts who I do not speak to on the phone (i.e. they do not call me) so, I do not have telephone numbers for them. I have Skype addresses and email addresses for them. With the BB, I added them to contacts (w or w/o a phone number) and if I received an email to my gmail account I was alerted with a specific chosen ringtone. Email that was sent from others had a generic notification tone.

Is there an app? a tweak? something I am missing? If the BB can handle this, surely Android can do the same? I have added them to my phone contacts and entered the email address in the information- chosen the specific tone for that contact. I have received emails from them and I still just get the standard default email notification sound.
    thanks for your help!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314