10-14-2014 12:39 PM
339 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Now that the M8 is 90% metal, did you experience any dropped calls, wifi signal and death grip issues?

Noticed that camera UI is better now on the M8. Im particularly interested in the manual settings, can we now control the shutter speed or do we still need third party apps to do this?

Great job btw on your coverage and follow-up work of the launch event.
    03-25-2014 03:11 PM
    Just ordered mine!

Posted via My HTC GPE
    03-25-2014 03:27 PM
    So the gun metal feels different than the silver/gold option ?
    Yep. More glossy. The others are just like the M7.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-25-2014 03:29 PM
    Now that the M8 is 90% metal, did you experience any dropped calls, wifi signal and death grip issues?

Noticed that camera UI is better now on the M8. Im particularly interested in the manual settings, can we now control the shutter speed or do we still need third party apps to do this?

Great job btw on your coverage and follow-up work of the launch event.
    Not shutter speed (at least that I saw). But a bunch of other stuff.

And thanks!

03-25-2014 03:30 PM
    The case sure is unique indeed. But I bet all those little holes will soon fill with gunk over time and be a PITA to keep it all clean and working properly. Too bad they didn't mimic the Quickview case like the G2.
    I'm already fighting to get Sky Club Cracker Jack out of a hole.

03-25-2014 03:31 PM
    Thank you. I really hope they did add an LED light with more colors than the M7.

Is the phone harder to hold with one hand than the M7, considering it's bigger and has a different metal finish? From the reviews I've read, it seems like the metal-finish is smoother/slipperier but the rounded edges are more comfortable to hold

Edit: Have you noticed any difference in videos now that the M8 doesn't come with OIS?
    I think it's fair to say it's a little harder to hold.

And I'll upload video of landing at LGA tonight.

EverNap likes this.
    03-25-2014 03:32 PM
    I have an M7, how can I change the HTC Weather Clock 4x1 to a white background as shown in this pic.
    Attached Thumbnails I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.-weather.jpg  
    03-25-2014 03:35 PM
    I have an M7, how can I change the HTC Weather Clock 4x1 to a white background as shown in this pic.
    Kinda the wrong thread for that question. But look in the widget drawer and see if it's an option on the M7.
    03-25-2014 04:17 PM
    How bright can the screen get?
    03-25-2014 04:30 PM
    Going along with the questions about the SD card (and I'm obviously very familiar with the changes in Kit Kat), can you make the default storage option in the camera/gallery the SD card so that the pictures and videos are automatically saved there instead of the internal storage? I know it's up to the app to take advantage of the new API's, and I'm hoping that HTC did.
    03-25-2014 04:37 PM
    How to I make emails always how images? What about having emails always open scaled down so I can see the entire thing without scrolling side to side
    03-25-2014 04:42 PM
    Any iPhone owners switch to the M8? Care to chime in on if you are satisfied?
    03-25-2014 05:09 PM
    Oh, any announcement concerning first party wireless charging cases from HTC? (the Dots case should have included this in my opinion)
    deeb215 and prissysox like this.
    03-25-2014 05:16 PM
    Phil,
    Some of us don't do the "get a new phone every year" thing because of stupid two year contracts. I'm sure the HTC One 2014 crushes the Galaxy S3 in all spec areas but what about the camera?

If I am used to the quality of the 8mp shooter on the S3 how will the images coming from the new HTC One compare?

deeb215 likes this.
    03-25-2014 05:23 PM
    Phil,

Your review seemed to indicate that the camera was the biggest negative about the phone. I've read that the new M8 camera doesn't have optical image stabilisation (OIS). Overall is the image quality better, worse, or on par with what the M7 produced?

Seems like you were not happy with the camera overall, which is a shame to see as I'm so close to pulling the trigger and ordering one.
    03-25-2014 05:32 PM
    Phil,

Your review seemed to indicate that the camera was the biggest negative about the phone. I've read that the new M8 camera doesn't have optical image stabilisation (OIS). Overall is the image quality better, worse, or on par with what the M7 produced?

Seems like you were not happy with the camera overall, which is a shame to see as I'm so close to pulling the trigger and ordering one.
    Can someone give the link to the review?
    03-25-2014 05:37 PM
    Is the Verizon version unlocked to be used on AT&T and T-Mobile? And does it support LTE or at least HSPA+ on either of them?
    jayrod88 likes this.
    03-25-2014 05:41 PM
    Beats is no more. And I have no idea if the US gets the earbuds.

The US gets the ear buds. HTC branded. They are quite nice actually.
    erwaso likes this.
    03-25-2014 05:52 PM
    Yes the cam can save straight to the SD.
    03-25-2014 05:54 PM
    Can someone give the link to the review?
    It's on the front page of the site: HTC One Review (M8) | Android Central
    03-25-2014 06:02 PM
    Phil,

I've also said I think I might have been a little harsh on the camera. But of I had to pick something to single out, that'd be it.

And there's an anti-shake mode on the camera.

03-25-2014 06:48 PM
    How bright can the screen get?
    All the way bright.

03-25-2014 06:48 PM
    Going along with the questions about the SD card (and I'm obviously very familiar with the changes in Kit Kat), can you make the default storage option in the camera/gallery the SD card so that the pictures and videos are automatically saved there instead of the internal storage? I know it's up to the app to take advantage of the new API's, and I'm hoping that HTC did.
    Yes.

03-25-2014 06:49 PM
    All the way bright.

I meant on max brightness
    03-25-2014 06:49 PM
    Phil,
    Some of us don't do the "get a new phone every year" thing because of stupid two year contracts. I'm sure the HTC One 2014 crushes the Galaxy S3 in all spec areas but what about the camera?

If I am used to the quality of the 8mp shooter on the S3 how will the images coming from the new HTC One compare?

I actually kinda envy those people.

This phone is a generation ahead, easy.

03-25-2014 06:50 PM
339 ... 23456 ...