I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

I have, actually. :) Tracks your steps just like a pedometer would. More on that later.

Looking forward to it. My flex sits unused as I am a bit old school and must have a watch on and not a fan of wearing two things. Was hoping that the Pebble would fill this spot, but no really stand out apps yet with good integration. Just something to fill the time till a Android wear watch is released 😀

Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Watched the video hands on, the top left corner of the phone looks chewed up, did you drop the phone already?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

You mentioned in the review that it had no built-in file manager. I guess the SD card is limited to media usage only then? Also does it have any USB OTG and thumb drive support? Can file managers still use that or is that SOL as well.

Thanks!

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Very detailed review. Thanks, Phil.

I had a couple of questions about the M8:

1. I see from your video that the Notification LED is right next to the front camera, but does it flash only 3 colors like the M7 or does it have more colors? Can you customize it with apps like Lightflow? The M7 wouldn't work with Lightflow.

2. How do you pull up Google Now? On the M7, I can just press the power button and then swipe up from the Home button to open Google Now. How do you do it on the M8?

Thank you.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Watched the video hands on, the top left corner of the phone looks chewed up, did you drop the phone already?

Yep. Right as I was about to take pictures of it. :/

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Very detailed review. Thanks, Phil.

I had a couple of questions about the M8:

1. I see from your video that the Notification LED is right next to the front camera, but does it flash only 3 colors like the M7 or does it have more colors? Can you customize it with apps like Lightflow? The M7 wouldn't work with Lightflow.

2. How do you pull up Google Now? On the M7, I can just press the power button and then swipe up from the Home button to open Google Now. How do you do it on the M8?

Thank you.

I've only seen red and green, but it wouldn't surprise me to see more colors.

Get to Google Now by dragging up from the home button.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I've only seen red and green, but it wouldn't surprise me to see more colors.
Get to Google Now by dragging up from the home button.
Thank you. I really hope they did add an LED light with more colors than the M7.

Is the phone harder to hold with one hand than the M7, considering it's bigger and has a different metal finish? From the reviews I've read, it seems like the metal-finish is smoother/slipperier but the rounded edges are more comfortable to hold

Edit: Have you noticed any difference in videos now that the M8 doesn't come with OIS?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The case sure is unique indeed. But I bet all those little holes will soon fill with gunk over time and be a PITA to keep it all clean and working properly. Too bad they didn't mimic the Quickview case like the G2.

jaya_man

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Now that the M8 is 90% metal, did you experience any dropped calls, wifi signal and death grip issues?

Noticed that camera UI is better now on the M8. Im particularly interested in the manual settings, can we now control the shutter speed or do we still need third party apps to do this?

Great job btw on your coverage and follow-up work of the launch event.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Now that the M8 is 90% metal, did you experience any dropped calls, wifi signal and death grip issues?

Noticed that camera UI is better now on the M8. Im particularly interested in the manual settings, can we now control the shutter speed or do we still need third party apps to do this?

Great job btw on your coverage and follow-up work of the launch event.

Not shutter speed (at least that I saw). But a bunch of other stuff.

And thanks!

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

The case sure is unique indeed. But I bet all those little holes will soon fill with gunk over time and be a PITA to keep it all clean and working properly. Too bad they didn't mimic the Quickview case like the G2.

I'm already fighting to get Sky Club Cracker Jack out of a hole. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair