Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) Developer Edition

So I just ordered the Developer Edition (I'm on T-Mobile) and i hope everything will work out well. Currently have the Nexus 5 google store edition. I went back on the site to review the specs of it but the developer edition isn't displayed anymore. I kinda rushed the order cause I was so excited and I didn't get to see how much internal storage it has, I hope it's the 32gb variant. From what I understand this phone only comes in 16gb and 32gb this time around, last year the Developer Edition was 64gb. I also called in to verify my order and was told that the Unlocked version would ship today/tonight and the Developer Edition would be shipping sometime next week.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 03-25-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Default Re: Developer Edition

Would you be able to provide the number that you called? I had trouble getting through.

Posted via Android Central App on Moto X
    Current Devices: Moto X, OnePlus One, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah i think it was 1-866-416-3059

Checked my order status for the developer edition for T-mobile and saw it said Customer Contact Required. I called 866-416-3059 and have been on hold for 33 mins so far. Was told 30 people ahead of me.

Developer edition shipping on 4/3 from IL.

Global Posts
    1,705 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by mackie99 View Post
    Checked my order status for the developer edition for T-mobile and saw it said Customer Contact Required. I called 866-416-3059 and have been on hold for 33 mins so far. Was told 30 people ahead of me.
    Developer edition shipping on 4/3 from IL.
    Is all they wanted is to let you know is wasn't shipping until 4/3? I'm on hold now and if that's all it is, I can hang up.

No, you have to prove it's you for fraud reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on when I check the status of my order:

Picking & Packing
    We are currently picking your product(s).

Estimated Shipping Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
    Estimated Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So, let's see if it actually ships today.
    Thanked by:
    qnet 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

same here says estimated shipping is today and arrival tomorrow.

Is there a difference between developer edition and unlocked?

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,705 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

After I did the verification, it now says it will ship today and I'll get it Thursday. That would be nice but I'm not counting on it. Last year I ordered the Dev version but ended up canceling when I found out I could get it faster through Tmobile (my carrier at the time). I think I may wait this time, it's only a few more days, I really want the dev edition.

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    After I did the verification, it now says it will ship today and I'll get it Thursday. That would be nice but I'm not counting on it. Last year I ordered the Dev version but ended up canceling when I found out I could get it faster through Tmobile (my carrier at the time). I think I may wait this time, it's only a few more days, I really want the dev edition.
    Same here. Says it will ship today and be delivered tomorrow. I'd lean towards this being wrong though based on the conversation I had with the HTC rep. Oh well, if it does get delivered I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Android Addict

I'm not messing with letstalk. They did similar stuff last year. Kept changing shipping dates and canceling orders. I just decides to not deal with them at all. I hope everyone's order turns out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Is there a difference between developer edition and unlocked?
    I was curious about that too and it seems (but I can't verify since it's gone), that the DE has CDMA bands and the unlocked/Google version didn't. But that was a quick glance when it first went on sale so I might be remembering it wrong. Don't even remember which CMDA bands I thought I saw.

Default HTC One: Developer Edition on T-Mobile

Will the developer edition work with T-mobile's 4G and LTE band(s)? Or will the M8 be like the previous version and not always work.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-25-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: Developer Edition on T-mobile

I asked on Twitter and this is what I received from @HTCUSA: The developer edition will support several LTE bands. More details on the #HTCOneM8 developer edition to come!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Developer Edition on T-mobile

I asked on Twitter and this is what I received from @HTCUSA: The developer edition will support several LTE bands. More details on the #HTCOneM8 developer edition to come!
    Looking forward to more info on this for sure.

I changed your title because I'm featuring this thread on the blog. Hope you don't mind.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Same here. Says it will ship today and be delivered tomorrow. I'd lean towards this being wrong though based on the conversation I had with the HTC rep. Oh well, if it does get delivered I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    It was the same way last year for the M7 Dev. It showed shipping today. Tomorrow, the dates will change and it'll show shipping that day etc. I would lean towards the 4/3 date (like they told me when I verified my order.)

Default Re: HTC One (M8) Developer Edition

I may be a bit slow today... can you point me to where to order the unlocked or developer editions? I'm only seeing the carrier options on htc.com....?

They sold out of the Developer Edition.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

They sold out of the Developer Edition.
    The website now says it is not available in my area. What is going on?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

I talked to a HTC customer service rep earlier today, he said the developer edition wasn't supposed to launch until tomorrow but it was posted on accident and a few got through. So I guess we'll see.

Default DEV Edition ??

Does anyone know where to purchase it? I have been all over HTC's website and can't find it and i don't want the carrier bloated one. I see where Phill said they are all available the google edition is just to much, and the dev is about 50 bucks cheaper. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default Re: DEV Edition ??

From what I'm seeing around it is already on backorder, so it got pulled. Supposedly there was an option for the Dev edition under the 3 carrier choices.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: DEV Edition ??

It was on the site where all 3 carriers were listed, was there when I refreshed around 10:30 PST, had it in cart and it would keep timing out. Kept trying until they removed it. I'm assuming based on the people here they had about 4 Dev editions total available. Wasn't able to get one.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast