"I've ordered my HTC One (M8)!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Ordered from AT&T premier and my order says "preparing to ship". Is that different from "processing"?

yes, i think that's the second stage, after that should be shipped with tracking info, i ordered mine off the att site around 130am last night and it is in that stage with a 3/31 - 4/1 ship date which i really hope is a placeholder. i want my stuff!

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yes, i think that's the second stage, after that should be shipped with tracking info, i ordered mine off the att site around 130am last night and it is in that stage with a 3/31 - 4/1 ship date which i really hope is a placeholder. i want my stuff!

Yeah I'm hoping it goes out today. Other people ordering from AT&T have gotten shipping notices. So I'm guessing ours goes out today. Hopefully.

jeffcats

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. I paid the extra cost for one day shipping and 17 hours later it says "waiting to ship". Very annoyed and got no help when I called.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: The "I've ordered my HTC One M8" thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

I live in Louisville Kentucky and I am sure the warehouse here has tons of phones. I've always gotten my phone the next day or the day after living here. I want this phone really bad but I just don't care for the gunmetal grey so I guess I'll wait it out. I want silver or even the gold from Best Buy is nice. So I have to wait. :-( I bet the warehouse has silver but has to wait to release them since Verizon has silver first for 2 weeks.

Ordered mine from Sprint Telesales yesterday at 2:15CDT. Confirmation via email right away, but shipping didn't happen until early this morning, and sent 2 day. So I was kinda hoping for overnight and delivery TODAY (Wed), but really assumed I would get it Thursday. Now Friday is the day, and UPS deliveries to residential don't usually show up until about 6pm. Grr.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Friday, 03/28/2014
Last Location:
Louisville, KY, United States, Wednesday, 03/26/2014
Louisville, KY, United States 03/26/2014 5:32 A.M. Customer Provided Origin Scan
United States 03/25/2014 1:14 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

madmax1105

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Ordered this 3/26 8:30am Eastern from ATT and order status now shows Preparing to Ship.

After reading the WSJ article and other glowing reviews last night and not liking the plastic body of Samsung S4 since I upgraded from BB to Samsung last year (and similar build of S5), decided to buy the HTC One M8 (my first ever HTC device).

Any guidance on how to migrate everything from Samsung S4 to HTC One M8.

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

When I spoke to an HTC rep on the phone, they said the phone would be shipping on 4/3 the earliest. Don't be surprised if that shipping date keeps pushing back until that date at the earliest.

Damnit! How can the carrier versions be ready, but not the Dev ones right away? Seems backwards. It's going to be a long week waiting lol

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Sprint told me 249 with a $50 rebate and that is what is on there website. But when I called back last night I was told no it's 199 there is no rebate making it $199. This was from telesales cause I said Best Buy is 199 and theirs is 32 gig also. At 1st I thought oh 249 is 32 gig and Best BUy's 199 is 16 gig which I don't ebem think exsist. But I came home from work last night and went back to Sprints website where I had it pulled up and I saw it said 249 but then I refreshed and it went to 199 so it shouldn't be 249 from Sprint just to let people know if you've already been charged get credit.

Edit: Wow I just called back Sprint cause Best Buy 1-800 # claims I didn't sign up for phone freedom to save 50 bucks and I know I did but then I find out Sprint has Gold not just Gun Metal heck if I would've known that yesterday I would've already ordered. Best Buy tried saying they were the exclusive for gold but i guess not. I am so excited now I am ordering the phones now for me and my husband. But now I have to pay out of pocket verses BB giving me a 125 gift card to use towards the 199 but that is ok. I also listed my phone on Craigs List too. Sprint's buy back is only 85 bucks which sucks. But anyway the warehouse is here in Louisville Kentucky so I hope to have it by Friday but I've been known to have them the next day before since the warehouse is here.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I ordered from At&t premier a little before 4PM. My order page still says processing: expected ship date pending confirmation. I also ordered from HTC and the ship date changed from yesterday to today. This is the same thing that happened last year with the HTC one Dev edition 64GB model. I may not get either this week, but I have a feeling I will get the At&t phone sooner.

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

How did you order it as a single line plan? The order is forcing me to share everything plan

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I have a family plan, with a dumb line attached, and transferred the upgrade to the dumb line. Went in the store and told them I need to activate at home since my daughter is at school and I dont want her phone shut down yet... Called Verizon customer service and told them my daughter thinks the phone is to big and doesnt want the phone, and i told them to just activate it on my line and ill use it... No change in plan at all!!

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Ordered mine from Sprint Telesales yesterday at 2:15CDT. Confirmation via email right away, but shipping didn't happen until early this morning, and sent 2 day. So I was kinda hoping for overnight and delivery TODAY (Wed), but really assumed I would get it Thursday. Now Friday is the day, and UPS deliveries to residential don't usually show up until about 6pm. Grr.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Friday, 03/28/2014
Last Location:
Louisville, KY, United States, Wednesday, 03/26/2014
Louisville, KY, United States 03/26/2014 5:32 A.M. Customer Provided Origin Scan
United States 03/25/2014 1:14 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Ordered mine online shortly after it went up . I got the same shipping confirmation in the morning, scheduled delivery for Friday. Checked again a short while ago, updated for delivery tomorrow. Sweet.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered short while ago. Got a couple more hours at work until I get to play with it.

That's cool. Did you order right at launch time? I tried to do that but it didn't show up on the premier site until later. I've noticed with AT&T that it will say it's processing but has actually shipped.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

They make more for carriers and it makes sense to have them ready for the carrier first because they are the first contact with the customer that will help move devices. That number is much greater than those that are going to buy a developer device.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's cool. Did you order right at launch time? I tried to do that but it didn't show up on the premier site until later. I've noticed with AT&T that it will say it's processing but has actually shipped.

I ordered about an hour after launch. I'm a premier customer and didn't see it either. I just called sales and the pit the order through for me. It went from processing to shipped in a matter of hours.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered about an hour after launch. I'm a premier customer and didn't see it either. I just called sales and the pit the order through for me. It went from processing to shipped in a matter of hours.

I guess you were right when you told people to just call. I didn't think calling would do any good, and I couldn't make up my mind whether to order from At&t or stay with HTC.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from Sprint at noon central time yesterday and it should get here tomorrow. I finally found a dot-view case on Verizon.com that had free overnight shipping, so hopefully they show up tomorrow so I don't have to go naked right away! (I'll end up naked, it's just nice to have some protection for a while)

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Premier Last night at 5pm PST will be here tomorrow. I have the DE from HTC they say that will ship on the 3rd that was upgraded to free next day shipping. Don't know which one to use I feel like I would get better reception with the ATT version there for better battery.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ordered from AT&T right when it went online. It's at my front door now. I just want to get home now! Good job to HTC, AT&T, and FedEx!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess you were right when you told people to just call. I didn't think calling would do any good, and I couldn't make up my mind whether to order from At&t or stay with HTC.

Yeah I was actually surprised how smooth everything went on the phone. I never order over the phone and only did so because someone else here said calling sales worked.