Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By ErnstMach
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the HTC One (M8) have an FM radio?

I know this is a niche question, but I've seen that it both does and doesn't have an FM radio. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Default Re: FM Radio?

It's not on the specs list on the HTC site, so unfortunately it looks like it isn't included. Perhaps an app like NextRadio or similar would fit the bill?
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    It's not on the specs list on the HTC site, so unfortunately it looks like it isn't included. Perhaps an app like NextRadio or similar would fit the bill?
    Its for sure not a deal-breaker for me, since I haven't had it on a phone since my droid x, but I figured it'd be nice to have. TuneIn has been my radio streaming app of choice, but I'll be sure to give NextRadio a look, thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I was wondering if it was because some of the specs were for the Verizon version (no FM in their CMDA version of the original One). The AT&T website says their version has it, but maybe it's a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by srparr View Post
    I was wondering if it was because some of the specs were for the Verizon version (no FM in their CMDA version of the original One). The AT&T website says their version has it, but maybe it's a typo?
    It may, I'm not entirely sure.

1. The HTC USA website has no mention of it, and though it does mention that frequency bands will vary, there is no mention of other hardware differences.
    2. It's not listed in the Android Central HTC M8 specs post on the blog. I can understand a detail or two lost along the chain, but the AC crew usually does a good job of getting their facts right.
    3. Other sites, such as GSM Arena, list it in the specs...
      Stereo FM radio with RDS
    4. ...but explicitly say otherwise in their review.
      The HTC One (M8) doesn't have a built-in FM radio.

I'll stick with my answer of "nope," but interpret the data how you like. I've enjoyed using the FM radio on my phones that have included it.

Errrrr...actually, I beg to differ...I just played with a demo phone in a Phones4U shop (London, UK) & it definitely had an FM radio app installed....

I was curious a lot of sites didn't mention it & I listen to the radio a lot on my commute (HTC One X) so it was a dealbreaker for me since TuneIn etc all rely on a decent HSDPA signal which is lacking on my train ride.

Bad news they were sold out already Suspect this phone is going to be big. >>> Sam.